Gransnet forums


Don't forget to claim your Winter Fuel Payment!

(1 Post)
jayd33 Sat 03-Dec-16 12:01:27

If you were born on or before 5 May 1953, you could get between £100 and £300 tax-free to help pay your heating bills.

Most payments are made automatically between November and December. You should get your money by Christmas.

You usually get a Winter Fuel Payment automatically if you get the State Pension or another social security benefit (not Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Child Benefit or Universal Credit).

If you qualify but don’t get paid automatically, you’ll need to make a claim.

Any money you get won’t affect your other benefits.