Gransnet forums

Local

First Poll for Meet Up. When?

(15 Posts)
EnglishRose Tue 25-Apr-17 16:44:18

My initial suggestion is for the 3rd week in May. Beginning the 22nd May.

All suggestions welcome flowers

Nandalot Tue 25-Apr-17 17:05:45

Guessed that would be the week! We are on a cruise to Norway then. Starts the 20th for 8 nights.

callgirl1 Wed 26-Apr-17 11:53:25

Nandalot, I`m envious, we went to Norway on a cruise this time last year. Enjoy!
As for the meet up, I can`t do the week beginning June 5th, my new kitchen is being installed that week. Almost any other time (fingers crossed!) will be fine.

EnglishRose Wed 26-Apr-17 18:29:40

OK, well we cannot have that smile Thanks for answering Ladies flowers

Anyone for the week of the 29th May?

Lynker Wed 26-Apr-17 20:57:23

Hello ladies. We are settling into Lincoln nicely, in fact we are now thinking about heading off to our holiday home for a few weeks R & R. I think we will be going mid May, so it looks as though I will probably miss the first meet up. We will be back mid/late June, so if you have another meet up, I would try to join you then.

EnglishRose Wed 26-Apr-17 23:18:29

Ever so pleased you are settling in well Lynker smile

If May is a bit troublesome, June is on the cards for me, except for the 26th - 30th as I have a "biggy" birthday and we are away then.

I'd love to have everyone at the Meet.smile I'm sure we all would.

This is just an initial Poll to grab attention and talk it all out. June is a lovely month too sunshine

Let me know if June is preferable for you all!

EnglishRose Wed 26-Apr-17 23:20:03

PS Is the week of the 15th - 22nd May even better than June?

callgirl1 Thu 27-Apr-17 00:04:27

Any of June for me, apart from the one I mentioned.

Nandalot Thu 27-Apr-17 09:24:33

June is looking quite good at the moment!

EnglishRose Thu 27-Apr-17 14:20:57

June is looking great for me too apart from those dates I mentioned smile

Anyway, since it is nearly May, although the weather would have us believe otherwise sad a Meet in June gives us more time and space to plan something which is as near perfect as possible for everyone flowers

Lynker Thu 27-Apr-17 22:28:12

Hi there....since I don't know yet when I am going away and I certainly don't know when we will be back, please arrange the meet up to suit you all and if we are back, I will join you. I suspect we will be away until mid/late June but cannot be sure. I will be online, so will keep in touch. We need some R&R...and sunshine!

Biarritzbabe Sun 30-Apr-17 17:45:12

Did anyone suggest a venue?

EnglishRose Sun 30-Apr-17 18:24:53

Hi Biarritzbabe smile Not as yet, we were trying to find a date first.

All suggestions gladly welcome though, do go ahead. Doesn't have to be in Lincoln itself BTW. Just a thought as there are plenty of other places on the periphery.

Hi Lynker, I understand completely, and will send you a nudge when all is decided, and I'm sure if you miss this one there will be others. smile

Alibongo Mon 01-May-17 21:16:52

Hello ladies,

Hope you are all well & enjoyed the long weekend.

I would love to join you for the first meet, but I am restricred to weekends. To top it all, I'm away for a fortnight from June 10th & have other Commitments on some weekends in May. You ladies sort a date that suits you & if I'm available that would be great.

I guess it could be difficult to sort a date when everybody is available.....but fingers crossed!!

EnglishRose Thu 04-May-17 19:51:04

Hi Alibongo smile

Hi everyone smile

Thanks so much for you continued input on this Meet Up thread. It's gradually narrowing down. Looks to me as though July could be good for everyone?

I know it seems a long time to go but we all find time flies by as we grow older wink

I've just heard some relatives from OZ may be coming over in June, so until I know the actual dates I cannot be sure of holding a Meet in that month.

Weekends are good for me personally, and I wonder how many others would also enjoy this?

So, I'll put up a new thread about this, which is the point we have now reached and see how many other members of Gransnet reply and try to sort out something from there.

flowers