Gransnet forums

Local

Closing the Local pages

(3 Posts)
EnglishRose Tue 02-Jan-18 15:39:49

Hi Scribbles. I agree with you. The local pages don't seem to have a lot of interest. The main forums under Meet ups is the way to go I think.

There seems to be a new broom sweeping clean over GN and Mumsnet too or so I am told. Perhaps it is because local people are not willing to pay for advertising?

So, I'll see you all over on the meet up section. I believe this is closing end of January. I'll keep an eye open if anyone posts.

Scribbles Sun 24-Dec-17 12:18:24

I've just seen this. Seems a shame but the local pages are a bit moribund so probably inevitable.
I''m with you, EnglishRose; we should try and arrange a gathering in the early new year. Let's think of somewhere/something and post it in Meet Ups. Soon.
Wishing the compliments of the season to all.

EnglishRose Tue 12-Dec-17 19:05:50

It looks as though the local Lincolnshire page and the othr local pages are due to close soon. As soon as I get the official message from HO I will post it up here.

Ditto all social media, FB and Twitter etc. The forums will continue and the meet-ups will be able to take place if you visit the main forums and go to the appropriate heading on there.

Maybe we can arrange something for after Christmas?

Meanwhile, Happy Christmas to all the members on here and a Happy and Peaceful New Year.