Gransnet forums

News & politics

London bombings

(9 Posts)
tanith Sat 07-Jul-12 19:41:31

My thoughts are with the families and friends of those who were lost or injured. I was in Central London that day , I'll never forget it.

j04 Sat 07-Jul-12 19:33:38

This should have gone under 'other subjects'. NOT 'in the news'.

crimson Sat 07-Jul-12 19:22:38

Oh I'll never forget 7/7. I'd been so happy about us getting the Olympics. Worked quite late that day and went to a shoe shop to buy some shoes for my daughter's wedding. The radio was on in the shop and I listened to it in total disbelief then told the shop assistant that I was sorry but had to leave as it didn't seem right to be buying shoes at that moment in time. There was a programme on tv late the other night with people talking of their experiences that day; I can't usually watch programmes like that but saw a bit of it before I had to turn it off. My thoughts are with anyone and everyone that lost someone that day or those still living the nightmare themselves.

Jacey Sat 07-Jul-12 18:58:49

One of the victims designed one of the concept gardens at Hampton Court this year ...marking his journey through that day and the subsequent years it has taken him to come to terms with the events. sad

AlieOxon Sat 07-Jul-12 18:56:46

There was a programme last night on TV about the people who helped each other then before the medics arrived..but I'm afraid I found it too harrowing and turned it off.....I think it was good but too much for me!

Anagram Sat 07-Jul-12 18:02:49

I thought we were harking back to the war years, and didn't really pay this thread much attention (wasn't born then).

glammanana Sat 07-Jul-12 17:45:51

Annika we remembered on Thursday and discussed it then but am amazed the lack of media coverage,maybe it will draw attention on the 10th anniversary ?.

j04 Sat 07-Jul-12 17:27:44

Oh, the nation's miserable enough as it is with the weather.

And you could have put a bit more in the heading. Grandsons in London today and I thought something had happened.

Annika Sat 07-Jul-12 16:20:26

I have only just noticed the date 7/7 .
Has the media forgotten 7/72005. I feel rather ashamed that I had until my daughter had posted some thing about it on facebook.
On the 7/72005 I was shopping in Tesco, and I saw what was happening live via the TVs they had on display in the store that were switched on.sad