Gransnet forums

News & politics

What has Harry been up to now!

(154 Posts)
Gally Wed 22-Aug-12 10:36:33

Prince Harry has, apparently, been up to his antics again - but has he? Is it all a con? What do you think? I must say the film of him in the buff with strategicly placed hands looks convincing, but......... hmm

JO4 Fri 07-Sep-12 12:19:30

they've shipped him of to Afghanistan!

JO4 Tue 28-Aug-12 10:57:08

Why would that be any different? confused

Apart from the fact they might not have enough hands.

petallus Tue 28-Aug-12 10:55:05

I wonder how we would all react if the naked pictures had been of one of the young princesses in similar circumstances?

Mishap Tue 28-Aug-12 10:32:21

Jess - female head teacher round here got into a similar pickle with revealing pics coming out on facebook. It seems we will all have to behave ourselves now - how very boring!

JO4 Tue 28-Aug-12 10:29:39

And what the fuck would be "perverted" about liking the looks of some fit young blokes anyway?! [weird]

JO4 Tue 28-Aug-12 10:21:36

I actually meant I wouldn't want anyone to miss it for the fun involved.

Oh, never mind! hmm

Sigh.

JO4 Tue 28-Aug-12 10:19:56

Greatnan sunshine

Greatnan Tue 28-Aug-12 10:17:59

Ah, hard luck for the foot fetishists then.

annodomini Tue 28-Aug-12 10:07:53

Nothing spectacular, Greatnan. They kept their boots on... grin

Greatnan Tue 28-Aug-12 10:01:55

Why would I want to see some young man naked? I am not a pervert!

JO4 Tue 28-Aug-12 09:57:18

This is the link Joan put up on the other thread:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2194521/Nude-Year-honours-Prince-Harry--Facebook-group-strips-support-party-loving-royal-naked-photos-furore.html

Wouldn't want anyone to miss it. smile

absentgrana Tue 28-Aug-12 09:03:12

I misread the newspaper and thought it said "The army will give him a dressing gown". How appropriate.

Greatnan Tue 28-Aug-12 08:54:09

It did occur to me that any terrorists or gangsters could easily find out where he is and infiltrate one of his drink-fuelled parties. Kidnapping him or killing him , possibly by drugging his drink (hard to hide a gun in a bikini) would be seen as a major coup for them. He was,I think, known as 'Target Orange' when it was suggested he should be deployed in Afghanistan.
His police protection officer did not seem to be in a state of alert - perhaps he should be given older, experienced officers who don't simply want to party with him.
I am afraid he is not just another young man - he is third in line to the throne and it costs the British taxpayer a good deal to protect him.
Noblesse Oblige.

Bags Tue 28-Aug-12 08:53:17

Always go to the grass roots if you want to find out what's really going on! Of course "the heirarchy" disapproves. They always do. That's their remit. I bet the support of his mates is more important to Harry than a dressing down from on high. I also bet the "on highs" were just as bad when they were young.

JessM Tue 28-Aug-12 08:50:17

I was referring to the hierarchy rather than the ranks. Who are you calling "lusty" ganja ?

Ganja Tue 28-Aug-12 08:47:26

I don't think the Army are embarrassed by him. Half of them were on Facebook yesterday, starkers, and saluting to support him! Have a look all you lusty old Grans. wink wink wink

Bags Tue 28-Aug-12 08:12:27

Doubt if a 'good' woman would take him on confused

wallers5 Tue 28-Aug-12 07:17:10

I hope you watched 'Help the Heroes' last night on ITV1 with these amazingly brave soldiers trying to climb Everest, one with only one arm, & all their horrendous injuries. The famous photo of the soldier on fire leaping out of his tank, was one of them. Harry is good with them & encourages them.

I think he needs a good woman to keep him on the straight & narrow!

Nonny Mon 27-Aug-12 17:07:09

I couldn't care less what Harry gets up to just as long as my taxes aren't used to fund his pranks! The Sun always has been the gutter press and as long as people keep buying it, it will continue to dig up rubbish.

JessM Mon 27-Aug-12 13:38:07

If it was made public in the local paper for instance, quite possibly j04.
Trouble is that it was not "private" was it - nobody can be fully assured they are private these days if they are in the same room as someone with a mobile phone. Unless you know them really, really well and are 100% sure you can trust them, drunk or sober.
There was a similar case round here involving Facebook, local paper, national paper, deputy head (female) not so long ago. It's called bringing the name of the school into disrepute which is a sackable offence.

JO4 Mon 27-Aug-12 13:02:25

Sacked? For doing something completely harmless in the privacy of his own apartment?! The world would have gone completely made for that to happen.

Ella - I'll bet he can be proud, if the rest of him is anything to go by! grin

jeni Mon 27-Aug-12 11:33:22

I've seen plenty of naked men, for some reason they all seem very shy about displaying the relevant bits of their anatomy to meconfused

JessM Mon 27-Aug-12 11:14:23

Apparently the army are feeling embarrassed and he has been told off by his commanding officer.
If he had been a teacher, he might well have been sacked. Definitely a final written warning.
I know young men do this kind of thing (i think mine were banned from butlins minehead for life, after DS1 stag night, organised by DS2 - not something I am particularly proud of) But once you take a job with responsibilities with other people looking up to you, maybe it is time to stop. Or at least be incredibly careful about who, where and when.

Ella46 Mon 27-Aug-12 10:36:28

I've seen enough naked men (pictures of course wink ) to know that there's plenty to laugh at JO!

JO4 Mon 27-Aug-12 10:26:25

What makes you think there'd be anything to laugh at then Ella? wink (seems all man to me --but then I'm just a dirty old woman--)