Gransnet forums

News & politics

Abducted child on her way home

(14 Posts)
Bags Fri 28-Dec-12 08:51:53

All my mother instincts are with the mother in this case of a child missing for three years and being returned, and I am only imagining what her feelings must be like. Hope for a lasting happy outcome for both mother and child.

Barrow Fri 28-Dec-12 09:02:21

Wonderful news she is being reunited with her mother.

Why did he take the child if he wasn't going to have her live with him - leaving her in a strange country with people she may not have known well must have been terrifying for her. It was obviously done to cause as much pain as possible to the mother.

I hope the little girl is able to settle back with her mother and not have any lasting effects of their separation.

petallus Fri 28-Dec-12 09:03:25

Is there a link for this.?

Nanado Fri 28-Dec-12 09:08:02

What a poor piece of journalism. While I'm delighted that the little girl is to be returned to her mother the actual reporting is confused and badly written.

Bags Fri 28-Dec-12 09:22:10

The link is in the OP, petallus.

Riverwalk Fri 28-Dec-12 09:24:54

I was thinking the same thing Nanado - seems like they've cut and pasted.

Bags Fri 28-Dec-12 10:14:27

The news it conveys is good though, which was the point of the thread.
Still hoping all goes well for the child and her mother.

Riverwalk Fri 28-Dec-12 10:27:27

It's very good news for the mother - I hope the child is not too traumatised as she is now being separated from those who've been caring for her for the past three years.

Bags Fri 28-Dec-12 12:45:10

Can't help thinking about Madeleine McCann and how I'd feel if she were found and restored to her mother (and father of course, in her case).

Granny23 Fri 28-Dec-12 13:00:02

In these cases there can never be a 100% happy outcome. As a mother I am glad that the wee girl is 'coming home' to her mother, but as a Granny, I feel for the granny or mother substitute in Pakistan who has been caring for this child for three years. As to the girl herself, she will be so confused, suddenly pitchforked into another country, another culture, a different language. Damage has been done which may never be wholly rectified, and all on the altar of male pride.

Nanado Fri 28-Dec-12 15:25:29

Of course we're delighted the little girl is coming home. Poor wee mite. Her mother has moved heaven and earth to find her and she must be so thrilled after three years to have her back. granny23 you are correct that the damage done by one egocentric male may never fully be undone. Let's hope for a happy outcome. And yes, the Madeleine McCann case must come to mind at times like this.

Mishap Fri 28-Dec-12 19:58:02

Poor little scrap - she won't know what the heck is going on. How dreadful it is when children become pawns in marital breakup.

Riverwalk Sat 29-Dec-12 14:15:28

The Pakistani authorities should be congratulated on fulfilling their international obligations.

I understand that they found the child within days of being given specific information.

annodomini Sat 29-Dec-12 15:09:03

Sajad Karim, MEP has been helpful in resolving cases of forced marriage and has also given his assistance in this one.