Gransnet forums

News & politics

How's this for patient care then?

(10 Posts)
FlicketyB Fri 11-Jan-13 22:08:44

Elegran, when you read the report, it states he was taken ill at home and examined by paramedics who took him to hospital. this to me suggests he almost definitely had not been drinking. If he had the what seems to be the standard three hour wait to see a doctor and then spent several hours having all the tests and waiting for results it suggests to me that the para medics were called late-afternoon and if the coughing and breathing problems were so bad he had probably been feeling ill all day. I also doubt that he would have made a formal complaint if he knew that drink came into the piccture

Nanado Thu 10-Jan-13 23:49:11

Night moon

annodomini Thu 10-Jan-13 23:46:19

Neater to say 'A range of innovative transport schemes is currently in place....'

moon

Nanado Thu 10-Jan-13 23:43:59

Quote not quite!

Nanado Thu 10-Jan-13 23:43:42

Quite from the hospital
'We'd like to reassure the public that there are a range of innovative transport schemes currently in place, or being piloted, for patients who require assistance with non-emergency transportation.'

Yes, it's certainly innovative hmm

Also, one for Pedants! Corner... surely it should read '...there iS a range of...'?

j07 Thu 10-Jan-13 23:15:43

The Health Board has received a formal complaint. Perhaps we will hear more.

I can believe it.

Nelliemoser Thu 10-Jan-13 20:05:02

Elegran So you too have a suspicious mind. Such thoughts had crossed my mind. grin

Elegran Thu 10-Jan-13 19:23:17

Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that he was not sober, declared that he wanted to go home, and kept pestering the staff until someone gave in and let him discharge himself? Then in the morning he had forgotten everything except the nightmare journey home? And why is there no statement from the hospital? Usually the newshounds surround the location of this kind of story until they get some sort of reaction.

I think there is more that we have not heard. If it is true as reported, it is scandalous, but maybe that is not all there is to it.

FlicketyB Thu 10-Jan-13 18:40:25

This defies belief. Supposing he had collapsed in the road and been run over!

j07 Thu 10-Jan-13 17:35:51

I know it's in the DM but still