Gransnet forums

News & politics

Photograph on page three of todays Telegraph

(25 Posts)
Anne58 Thu 10-Jan-13 19:56:53

Please please please tell me that it is a joke!

Ella46 Thu 10-Jan-13 19:58:09

Give us a link then please........

Ana Thu 10-Jan-13 19:58:17

Why, what is it of? confused

Anne58 Thu 10-Jan-13 20:08:13

I have looked at the DT on line to try to get a link, but no luck.

It is a photograph of the chaps on the catwalk at London Mens fashion week (or somesuch thing) wearing clothes (I use the term loosely) from somone that I have never heard of's latest collect.

The newspaper is downstairs, on my next sortie to top up my glass I will have another look for more info.

How on earth anyone can come up with something like that, and actually put it out into the public domain is utterly beyond me. If that takes off, and I see men in London (let alone Devon, where some regard bright socks as a bit avant garde) I will not only eat my hat, but will roller skate naked down Oxford Street singing the National Anthem backwards whilst doing so.

So there.

Ana Thu 10-Jan-13 20:15:05

Well... can't share your indignation without seeing what you're going on about! grin We don't all buy the Telegraph.

Riverwalk Thu 10-Jan-13 20:16:37

Is this it Phoenix? grin

Men's fashion

Ana Thu 10-Jan-13 20:30:47

Ha, ha ha!! (But...surely they weren't ALL men? confused)

Anne58 Thu 10-Jan-13 20:50:37

It was a photo of 3 chaps on the catwalk together wearing knee high boots and leather mini dresses. I kid you not.

Anne58 Thu 10-Jan-13 20:54:04

Riverwalk thanks for the link, but I don't think the photograph I'm on about will be in there, (says "Street fashion, I think it may be shots of what the people attending were wearing, and it's taking forever to load!)

Bum, I do wish I could find it in the DT on-line.

annodomini Thu 10-Jan-13 20:56:23

Androgynous persons, I would say. The ones I saw on Breakfast TV appeared to have broken boxes on their heads. Why?

Anne58 Thu 10-Jan-13 20:58:21

PS the post of 20.50.37 should also say "and sulky pouty expressions"

From their expressions, I'm not sure if it was " Oh God, do I feel a right tit in this get up! Just wait until I get out of here and I'm going to give my agent hell", or it was more of a case of "I'm a model, this is serious stuff, I am edgy and cool"

grannyactivist Thu 10-Jan-13 22:03:13

Click on the link and then click on the thumbnail pictures just below the main photo and I defy you not to laugh!! It takes a few seconds to load - be patient, it's worth it. www.complex.com/style/2013/01/the-skirt-trend-is-real-jw-anderson-puts-men-in-dresses-during-london-fashion-week-show

Ella46 Thu 10-Jan-13 22:10:22

I love the strapless look!
Ha ha, now men know what it's like maybe they'll stop making stupid clothes for women!

Elegran Thu 10-Jan-13 22:24:59

He has his hands in his pockets to stop the dress falling down!

Yes they do look a bit scunnered at the whole thing. It is not even attractive. A kilt would be better.

annodomini Thu 10-Jan-13 22:41:29

What about those frilly-topped boots! wink

grannyactivist Thu 10-Jan-13 22:48:58

The Wonderful Man is in shock!!! He's gone for a lie down to get over the sight. grin (I think he might look rather fetching in a little black number - NOT!)

Anne58 Thu 10-Jan-13 23:01:39

scunnered?

Elegran Thu 10-Jan-13 23:03:50

Nauseated or fed up.

FlicketyB Fri 11-Jan-13 19:34:05

This cracker was in the Independent this morning:
www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/news/sibling-brings-fluffy-and-fun-knitwear-to-the-london-collections-men-8444825.html

I suggested to DH that it was just what he needed for the oncoming cold weather. His head and neck would be as warm as toast..........

Mishap Fri 11-Jan-13 19:53:11

The fashion industry is complete b******s - it has nothing to do with the real world.

I am just trying to imagine my 7 stone OH in a mini-skirt and boots - on second thoughts, I think I'll give that a miss!!

annodomini Fri 11-Jan-13 20:40:57

The article following this strange garment appears to take it seriously. Why?

Elegran Fri 11-Jan-13 21:14:42

Because it is the fashion industry. They think such things are to be taken seriously.

Anne58 Fri 11-Jan-13 21:48:21

Swear warning, look away now if you are of sensitive disposition or easily offended.

What a load of absolute bollocks, please find me the man, any man, that thinks he would wear that outfit unless it was either for a dare (would need to be loads of money or a very hefty forfeit, such as "The winner gets a night out with Jeremy Clarkson, the runner up gets two nights out with Jeremy Clarkson) or as fancy dress.

Even if it was fancy dress, I'm struggling to think of what the theme might be. Perhaps "who can come dressed as the biggest twit of the night and still keep a straight face" or maybe a "look at me, look at me, I'm a gullible eejit" competition.

I just hope that their mothers saw that photo, and gave them a right good clip round the ear.

j07 Fri 11-Jan-13 22:56:59

It's ok phoenix. I looked away. smile

Elegran Sat 12-Jan-13 10:46:15

I read it with my eyes closed, just in case.