Would you buy..............

(48 Posts)
j08 Mon 25-Feb-13 14:53:29

meatballs from Ikea? confused

Neither would I.

j08 Thu 28-Feb-13 17:52:13

Aspen shock grin

Aspen Thu 28-Feb-13 17:48:33

Liked the meatballs in the store so bought a bag found them just as good. A friend was telling me her husband had a butchers shop during the war and they always but horse meat in the mince as it made it taste sweeter. When I thought of it the meatballs did have a slightly sweet taste.

Aspen Thu 28-Feb-13 17:47:13

Liked the meatballs in the store so bought a bag found them just as good. A friend was telling me her husband had a butchers shop during the war and they always but horse meat in the mince as it made it taste sweeter. When I thought of it the meatballs did have a slightly sweet taste.

skybluepink Thu 28-Feb-13 14:47:26

The cafe ones are good but I threw out the frozen ones which only tasted the once & didn't like . Its in the hot dogs too??!!

soop Wed 27-Feb-13 10:55:18

...but did you leave with meatballs? anno wink

annodomini Tue 26-Feb-13 22:52:36

nanapug, they must love you! I managed to find the Ikea in Ashton twice then the last time I went they must have moved it, because I followed the signs and found myself out on the moors. Very nice, but not what I was looking for!

gracesmum Tue 26-Feb-13 22:00:26

I had a great afternoon in IKEA today with a friend who was designing / choosing a new kitchen, then coffee and Danish Swedish pastries before a quick zoom round the food shop for herrings and gravadlax. I saw they were selling ELK Lasagne, yeah right. Since when has elk been Schveedish for horse?
BTW that wasn't you JessM driving in as we left about 4.4.5/5 ish was it?

nanapug Tue 26-Feb-13 21:54:04

I love Ikea. It's a real treat to go there!!! Can't go without buying the "clipits" for plastic bags, t-towels, flannels, fleeces for the dogs bed, pooh bags, memory foam pillows, paper napkins, washing up brushes to name but a few things!!

JessM Tue 26-Feb-13 21:01:39

grin

Tegan Tue 26-Feb-13 20:24:55

Or headline news that a 100% beefburger was, in fact, 100% beef...

JessM Tue 26-Feb-13 19:57:45

Any day now there is going to be a news story about some horseradish unexpectedly found in veggie burgers.

Grannyeggs Tue 26-Feb-13 19:48:10

Ikea meatballs are delicious"!! Probably won't eat them again though. The promise of eating them were the only thing that made a trip to Ikea bearable.

Galen Tue 26-Feb-13 19:23:55

grin is there an addiction group for it?
Meatballs anonymous?

Wheniwasyourage Tue 26-Feb-13 19:06:01

My name is wheniwasyourage and I like Ikea meatballs with chips and sauce.

FlicketyB Tue 26-Feb-13 18:15:07

Do not live anywhere near an Ikea but have been in one at Croydon and one somewhere in Yorkshire. My main memory of it is boredom because I had to shuffle for hours along a pre-ordained track and was unable to cut and run at any time. Only went to accompany DC when they were setting up home.

Hunt Mon 25-Feb-13 23:19:14

When I had I hip replacement I discovered the best way to get around Ikea......... in a wheelchair.

Gally Mon 25-Feb-13 22:40:39

I thought you just followed the arrows in Ikea - bit like a zig zag maze grin

gillybob Mon 25-Feb-13 21:57:41

Oh I quite like Ikea, although navigating the store can be a bit of a nightmare. I love all the kitchen bits and pieces and their glasses are really rather good. DH has his trusty POANG chair in the study which is extremely comfortable. Can't beat the storage boxes either.

annodomini Mon 25-Feb-13 21:50:02

I've had a Billy bookcase (which seems to be one of their most popular items)for around 20 years. It's a little the worse for wear but is still standing. I managed to assemble a heavy triangular pine computer desk with only one screw left over and I never discovered where that should have gone. The desk has since been freecycled.

Gagagran Mon 25-Feb-13 21:41:08

I am a big IKEA fan too Ariadne and just about every room in our home has in it something from there.

I can see why some people hate the shopping experience. The stores are not very customer friendly and the buying process is a bit convoluted but once you get the hang of it it gets easier. I think the value is second to none and worth the hassle factor.

Since moving to the south coast last summer I have yet to venture to the nearest IKEA which is some 30 miles away.That feels like a proper outing. I was used to having one only 5 miles up the road and I do miss being able to pop in.

Deedaa Mon 25-Feb-13 21:15:18

Won't comment on the carpet measurements because I did once lose several yards off Harrods record department when they were having wallpaper brought over from America at about £70 a roll (40 tears ago!)
Boy, was I popular!

My John Lewis story is the lovely girl who spent ages piecing together fabric remnants and working out how I could make curtains for my daughter. The fabric was half price and it would have made much more business sense to talk me into buying something expensive. After 7 years the curtains still look lovely. smile

nanaej Mon 25-Feb-13 18:00:59

True John Lewis Story:
Friends of ours decided to put in new bookshelves in their bedroom. The removal of old shelves brought the ceiling down and broke the wardrobes. Workmen persuaded them they may as well put in the en-suite they were always talking about as the house would be a bit upside down whilst ceiling & new fitted wardrobes & bookshelves sorted out. They moved into back bedroom. Discovered spare bed too uncomfortable ( their King size not able to fit spare room) so decided to order new John Lewis double bed. On delivery drawer on divan part found to be faulty.. JL brought the 2nd new bed after 2 uncomfortable weeks. Meanwhile builder discovers slow leak in bathroom and downstairs ceiling in the kitchen had to come down too.
In original bedroom John Lewis come to measure for new carpet. All now seems to be going well. Carpet arrives but no fitter..many phone calls eventually produces a fitter at 6:30p.m. He starts to lay the carpet. Builder goes down to speak to my friends (living in cluttered front room as 'stuff' had to be stored somewhere)..'I think you better come upstairs, I just heard the fitter on the phone to JL' They went upstairs to discover their specially made axminster carpet was a metre too short!
And all because my friend would not slim down the number of books in the house!

glammanana Mon 25-Feb-13 17:52:55

I do shop at Ikea I love their very very long TV units which have two sets of drawers underneath everything you need in your lounge can be stored in them so the place always look's tidy.We bought DSs quilt covers there yrs ago and they are still going strong on DGSs beds now over 15yrs later excellent cotton,and never washed out.

kittylester Mon 25-Feb-13 17:52:10

We went on Sunday, silly idea as most of the rest of Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire were there too. Although he didn't partake this time, DH loves the meatballs. At one stage we used to bulk buy the packet meatball sauce as DD3 loved it on homemade meatballs confused

nanaej Mon 25-Feb-13 17:46:41

ariadne shockgrin