Gransnet forums

News & politics

And then there are the likes of Marine le pen

(9 Posts)
granjura Sat 25-Jun-16 22:05:31

Some young BRits living in France hae been saying today they want to apply for French nationality because of yesterday, as they can't imagine going back to a broken Britain.

So what would they do if Le Pen and the fr right won in France?

The Far right is gaining strength all over Europe, and Brexit has given them a voice, 'respectability' of sorts. In Austria, in Switzerland too, especially in the German speaking part, in Italy too, with Lega Nord.

Yes, I am very concerned and worried.

whitewave Sat 25-Jun-16 20:55:20

Well they've only got to look above their own navels to understand what might happen.

petra Sat 25-Jun-16 20:50:48

Let's not forget the Dutch are making loud noises as well.
As I said many weeks ago: when Dave went to Brussels way back, he should have known that he was holding a royle flush in the negotiation stakes, but he folded.
I think the eu would have given a lot more, but arrogant fools that they are, they never thought that this would happen.

Christinefrance Sat 25-Jun-16 20:40:07

Yes it's a matter of concern here in France that Marine Le Penn may win. I know of people who say they will leave France if she gets into power. ( french people )

whitewave Sat 25-Jun-16 20:20:10

Who in their right mind would vote for a right wing nationalist in order to get a vote in a referendum.Oh! Silly question sorry.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 25-Jun-16 20:16:49

Makes your blood run cold....

petra Sat 25-Jun-16 20:15:24

There was talk some days ago that the French are 60% in favour of leaving the eu and the polls show that she has a good chance of winning their election next year.

whitewave Sat 25-Jun-16 20:15:09

Right wing Nationalists of the world unit!!

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 25-Jun-16 20:03:07

Just to make matters worse.

far right groups