News & politics

What goes round comes round

(15 Posts)
Nannylovesshopping Thu 14-Jul-16 10:32:37

Gove sacked yay!

Jane10 Thu 14-Jul-16 10:37:14

Excellent karma in practice!

LullyDully Thu 14-Jul-16 12:30:40

And Nicky Morgan . Theresa seems to have her head screwed on .

HildaW Thu 14-Jul-16 13:42:11

Hmmm.....still trying to understand the thinking behind Boris......a touch of the Maceavellian (?) keepings one's enemies closer approach??

M0nica Fri 15-Jul-16 05:37:30

I suspect that TM made BJ Foreign Secretary in order to give him enough rope to hang himself - or not.

It is a bit like the election of Jeremy Corbyn as Labour leader. BJ may take us all by surprise and prove to be a subtle and clever Foreign Secretary. On the other hand, like JC, he may simply prove how unsuited he is for any position of responsibility.

I notice that he was booed at the French Embassy last night.

NanKate Fri 15-Jul-16 06:29:41

I would love Boris to step up to the plate and do a good job as FS. He speaks 4 languages, is well travelled and is highly intelligent IMO, when he is not play in the fool. He has something of the naughty schoolboy about him.

NanKate Fri 15-Jul-16 06:30:22

Playing not play hmm

hildajenniJ Fri 15-Jul-16 08:52:50

Boris has hidden depths, I think he may well surprise us all. Thank goodness Nicky Morgan has gone!

annsixty Fri 15-Jul-16 09:03:26

Oh how much I hope that is true.

M0nica Fri 15-Jul-16 17:02:03

We all hoped Jeremy Corbyn would rise to the challenge. I cannot help but be pessimistic.

Anniebach Fri 15-Jul-16 17:16:17

MOinica, - miracles can take a long time to work, the impossible ? never

gettingonabit Sat 16-Jul-16 07:30:50

There was speculation (and it WAS speculation) that May was being Machiavellian in her appointment of Bojo. Kind of saying "you wanted Brexit-now get on and deal with it" to Bojo whilst handing the real brief to Fox and Davis.

Ie handing him the rope with which to hang himself.

If he buggers up, that's him finished.

Badenkate Sat 16-Jul-16 08:34:43

Having lived in scientific circles most of my life, I am only too aware that intelligence is not necessarily associated with common sense. Boris Johnson seems to work on the principle that 'charm' will cover any blunders he makes. It doesn't. On a wider topic, we now have people in the higher echelon of power who: are serial adulterers; have shown confidential government documents to a friend; and someone who apparently believes male nannies are paedophiles. At least we are spared the one who thinks gay people can be cured hmm

annsixty Sat 16-Jul-16 08:54:07

I have a friend whose son earns squillions ( I know because she tells us frequently)

He is brilliant at his job but as for common sense, he is hopeless.

Jane10 Sat 16-Jul-16 09:10:20

We do need clever mavericks who can think 'out of the box' but they need to be supported by a host of sensible doers. I just hope the FO contains plenty of those.