Gransnet forums

News & politics

Juhel Miah

(8 Posts)
Judthepud2 Wed 22-Feb-17 08:49:14

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/20/british-muslim-teacher-denied-entry-to-us-on-school-trip?cmp=share_androidapp_tweet&referrer=justicewire

? Has anyone heard if this young man has received an apology yet? Surely Theresa May and Boris Johnson should be giving the Trump administration a scorching over this.

MawBroon Wed 22-Feb-17 09:39:46

I heard about it on the news yesterday and I was apoplectic! angry
If his name had been Tarquin Fitzwilloughby-Smythe they wouldn't have stopped him. How DARE they?
British passport, visa - what happened to that sentence about "allowing free passage to HM's citizens"(or whatever)
Very, very angry

Judthepud2 Wed 22-Feb-17 09:57:51

Yes Maw I agree with you. angry was my reaction too. There needs to be some public apology made to not only Juhel but to the school as well. US embassy fell down on the job here. IMHO Theresa May should be taking her new best friend, Trump to task about this shocking treatment of one of her country's citizens.

Anniebach Wed 22-Feb-17 10:15:30

Wales first minister has written to May and Johnson , May should be asked questions on PMQ today

Luckygirl Wed 22-Feb-17 10:19:19

That is shocking.

Cherrytree59 Wed 22-Feb-17 10:25:12

Shocked angry Disgusted!

GillT57 Wed 22-Feb-17 10:39:22

Disgusting. Even more angry about lack of response ( so far) from Foreign Office.

JessM Wed 22-Feb-17 16:20:13

Am I right in thinking this was after the "ban had been lifted". Wouldn't take the a brain the size of a planet to work out that a Welsh maths teacher travelling with a school party was unlikely to be a threat to US security would it?