Gransnet forums

News & politics

Ian Stewart convicted of murder

(5 Posts)
Jane10 Thu 23-Feb-17 21:33:11

If they had that storyline on Midsomer Murders you'd think it was unrealistic. What a bad man. She seemed such a nice woman too and he was already getting the benefit of her money too just by living with her. Poor families.

Ana Thu 23-Feb-17 20:47:31

I'm pretty sure they did have him down as a suspect straight away, Deeda. They obviously had to get enough evidence to arrest and charge him, though.

Deedaa Thu 23-Feb-17 20:32:04

I'm surprised they didn't instantly have him down as a suspect when he started emptying her accounts the minute she was dead.

BlueBelle Wed 22-Feb-17 22:43:44

It surprised me too I ve never seen that on Tv before Now they are investigating his first wife's unexplained death Believed to be natural causes from epilepsy She has been cremated so they can't exhume her body

Grannyknot Wed 22-Feb-17 19:23:53

He is the man who murdered author Helen Bailey and he was convicted today. A despicable murder.

But I was really surprised to see that the police released film footage of the moment that they told him he was being arrested for murder, it was on the news tonight. They also released CCTV footage of him getting rid of the duvet and other stuff at the recycling centre. But why show that footage of him being arrested? I feel very sorry for his young adult sons, they were living in the house too.

Her family have magnanimously issued a statement acknowledging the pain this will also cause and have caused his family.

What do others think?