Gransnet forums

News & politics

Paul Burrell

(23 Posts)
Anniebach Tue 07-Mar-17 23:26:41

Cherry, I didn't wait for the sugar, he was on This Morning, he got as far as MIF so I went into kitchen to make a cuppa, yes MIF

Grannybags Tue 07-Mar-17 21:07:13

Paul Burrell - Yuk! Definitely non news.

BlueBelle Tue 07-Mar-17 20:04:30

I don't have any Gaydar for either Gerry McCann or Prince Andrew or was that a joke no idea who jack McConnell is but Paul Burrel didn't surprise me at all I thought he was very girly with all his squeals in the Jungle ( that was in the days I used to watch)

merlotgran Tue 07-Mar-17 19:58:50

Beware of libel laws.

Cherrytree59 Tue 07-Mar-17 19:56:29

Thanks Annie
Should my next question be when should I add the sugar??confused

Chewbacca Tue 07-Mar-17 19:39:47

That's what I thought Anniebach shock . Surely not?

Grannyben Tue 07-Mar-17 19:33:56

It will be wedding photos in ok next, can't wait

Anniebach Tue 07-Mar-17 19:32:51

Gerry McCann husband of Kate?

Anniebach Tue 07-Mar-17 19:30:34

Milk in first Cherry ,when pouring a cup of tea, very none u

Cherrytree59 Tue 07-Mar-17 19:11:12

The proverbial 'Bad Penny'

What's MIF?

Daddima Tue 07-Mar-17 19:01:00

I have always thought him to be gay ( along with Gerry McCann, Prince Andrew ( yes, Andrew, not Edward) and Jack McConnell.

daphnedill Tue 07-Mar-17 17:39:30

Well, mea culpa! I missed it.

Anniebach Tue 07-Mar-17 17:37:40

The court case was not gossip column stuff , it was front page and news leader story

daphnedill Tue 07-Mar-17 17:35:51

I don't often buy physical newspapers or magazines and only ever watch TV, if I see something I particularly want to see.

My son was born in 1997, the year Diana died, and I went back to work after five months, so for many years I didn't have much time for anything which wasn't real news, especially gossip column stuff.

I honestly didn't recognise the name nor his picture and I couldn't care less that he's gay or anything else that he's done.

Anniebach Tue 07-Mar-17 17:35:38

Not Diana news, Burrell news . Burrell books, Burrell interviews, Burrell game shows, Burrell in the jungle . Burrell telling the country those who were a MIF, were so none you. Burrell teaching Australian girls how to be a princess. Burrell telling the country how important in life it is to put jam and cream on a scone correctly. . Burrell on how to lay a dinner table just like queenie . All this and more without looking for the toad .

He made me sooooo happy that I was a MIF .

Ana Tue 07-Mar-17 17:04:02

Neither have I DahneDill, but at one time you couldn't miss Burrell's face plastered over newspapers and giving media interviews...I'm surprised you've never come across him before.

daphnedill Tue 07-Mar-17 17:01:27

Oh! I didn't know about any of that. I've never followed 'Diana news'.

MawBroon Tue 07-Mar-17 16:21:51

Totally agog with indifference. Like NinaI consider this non-news.

GillT57 Tue 07-Mar-17 16:21:35

Oh good grief, him again. Some tabloids are obsessed with anything or anyone associated with the late Diana. Man marries boyfriend....so?

Ana Tue 07-Mar-17 16:20:58

He's been making money from his connection with Diana ever since her death and has written umpteen books about their 'special relationship' (OK that might be a slight exaggeration).

He must be running short of cash again.

Anniebach Tue 07-Mar-17 16:18:36

Considering the court case when queenie stepped in resulting with him being found innocent, his books etc . He was Diana's rock! too. Horrible little toad .

Bet there will be another book, yuck

daphnedill Tue 07-Mar-17 15:32:28

I had no idea who Paul Burrell was until I googled the Daily Mail story. I'm amazed at how many details and photos they have about him. They must have been stalking him for ages. It's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

PS. Unfortunately, pictures of Diana still seem to sell newspapers and magazines.

ninathenana Tue 07-Mar-17 14:20:52

Perhaps this should be under "non news"
Why do todays tabloids think the fact he's marrying his boyfriend warrants front page news confused
What he does is his buisness. He is not in the public eye anymore and even if he was it's hardly a front page story. Showing photos of him with Diana just makes it worse.