Gransnet forums

News & politics

Firearms incident at Westminster

(9 Posts)
stillaliveandkicking Wed 22-Mar-17 21:48:00

Abysmal. We need to stay out of other peoples/countries affairs.

POGS Wed 22-Mar-17 16:32:11

Apologies to posters on this thread GNHQ say they CANNOT join the two threads.

POGS Wed 22-Mar-17 16:21:46

I have asked GNHQ to join this thread to Lillie's as we both started a thread at the same time on this subject.

J52 Wed 22-Mar-17 16:02:11

Dreadful, poor victims.

Another co incidence was the 'practice' terrorist incident ( for want of a different description) on the Thames at the week end.

I'm sure more is known than we will ever be told.

nigglynellie Wed 22-Mar-17 16:01:57

Agreed TerriBull!

POGS Wed 22-Mar-17 15:55:50

Makes you wonder what was 'known' or is it a coincidence the government have put restrictions on air travel by Saturday.

TerriBull Wed 22-Mar-17 15:55:49

I think 5 people have been run over on Westminster Bridge. Awful news, always worried abou terrorist attacks in London my children work there, just as I did during the IRA atrocities. I guess we won't know the full extent of this till later. Lets hope there aren't any fatalities amongst the general public or police officers. Not bothered about the assailants they can go to hell.

cornergran Wed 22-Mar-17 15:42:00

Been watching this on tv. It seems many people were hurt on the bridge by the car.

POGS Wed 22-Mar-17 15:35:55

It is being reported that Parliament and Downing Street is in 'lock down'. due to a fire arms incident.

David Liddington has called a halt to today's proceedings.

It is being reported the attacker has been shot and a Police Officer has been stabbed. Looks like a car mounted the pavement on Westminster Bridge and the driver ran off towards Westminster.

Bad news.