Gransnet forums

News & politics

Whither Lancashire....??

(11 Posts)
daphnedill Wed 21-Jun-17 22:44:49

Not by me!

Anniebach Wed 21-Jun-17 22:39:58

But it has been claimed on this forum all will be out and London left for the wealthy

daphnedill Wed 21-Jun-17 22:29:05

But people from London have been moved to towns and cities outside London, mainly those for whom the council has a statutory duty to find accommodation, ie families with young children and the elderly. There was a communication breakdown and people were genuinely worried. I can't say I blame them, because they already had reason not to trust the council. It is also true that those who find themselves accommodation, even if it's not suitable and temporary are then deemed to have made themselves intentionally homeless, if they then apply for social housing.

Anniebach Wed 21-Jun-17 21:02:41

It is good news Jane, I never did believe that tale of moving all social housing residents out of London,

Jane10 Wed 21-Jun-17 20:53:02

But they're not Anniebach! That's the point they've been found these flats locally to Grenfell Court. Good news at last.

Anniebach Wed 21-Jun-17 17:25:46

Not only the survivors roses, all social housing residents on London are going to be moved out leaving London for the wealthy !

rosesarered Wed 21-Jun-17 16:26:44

Well, a few posters decided that the unfortunate survivors would be more or less forced to leave London ( never mind Kensington!) and housed somewhere that they didn't want to go.I never thought that would happen.......and it won't be.

Ana Wed 21-Jun-17 16:21:42

Yes, but what's the news got to do with Lancashire? confused

wot Wed 21-Jun-17 15:42:22

Bloody marvellous!!! ?

rosesarered Wed 21-Jun-17 15:38:51

Yes, it was brought up on the London Fire thread.....brilliant isn't it?

Katek Wed 21-Jun-17 15:36:12

I saw this on the BBC News App and thought you should see it:

London fire: Flats acquired for Grenfell Tower survivors

Nearly 70 social housing apartments in a luxury complex will be made available, the government says.

Sent from my iPhone