Gransnet forums

News & politics

Liz Dawn is dead

(8 Posts)
ninathenana Tue 26-Sep-17 13:16:06

Just heard on BBC news. There was a fake artical announcing her death recently.
True this time. Great actress.
RIP

gillybob Tue 26-Sep-17 15:03:05

She was brilliant as Vera in Coronation street . Her and "Jack" were a great double act . She did a lot for charity too I believe .

tidyskatemum Tue 26-Sep-17 15:42:21

She was the guest presenter at an awards ceremony I organised some years ago. She was absolutely lovely, really down to earth and in fact it was hard to tell where Liz ended and Vera began. She did nip out for a fag at very regular intervals so her lung problems were not a surprise. She'll be missed.

Christinefrance Tue 26-Sep-17 16:34:16

Coronation St is poorer without Jack & Vera, what a great duo they were. Liz Dawn was a real trouper often suffering from ill health but always there to do her bit.
God Bless flowers

ninathenana Tue 26-Sep-17 18:03:42

Had a brain fart spelling article blush

Iam64 Tue 26-Sep-17 20:27:38

rip Liz Dawn, lovely woman, did lots of work for charity. She was part of a classic period of Corrie, pathos, humour and great actors.

Mapleleaf Thu 28-Sep-17 18:02:40

Yes, Corrie used to be good once.

mrsmopp Wed 04-Oct-17 19:35:44

Corrie is nowhere near as good as it used to be and I've stopped watching it. I still remember the fitst episode and the Street became unmissable.
Who can forget those wonderful true to life characters who made us cry and made us laugh? Gone forever, more's the pity. Jack and Vera were superb.
R.I.P. Liz xx