National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Love Actually - Muppet's Christmas Carol - We love all of them and watch them every year. However, my husband loves "It's a Wonderful Life" and I can't see it's appeal so he watches it on his own!
Definitely National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and the Muppet Christmas Carol. I rather like the Jim Carrey animated Christmas Carol too. I saw it at the cinema and the 3D was amazing. Must also have Love Actually and, if possible, the Winona Ryder Little Women. All these have to be watched without DH as he doesn't do Christmas - although he may stretch a point for the Muppets
That is such a trashy chick flick film, Izzy [laugh]. I saw part of it on tv late one night and loved it so much I borrowed the dvd from a friend so I could watch all of it. I LOVE it!
Christmas isn’t Christmas without National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, but I like lots of others as well. It’s A Wonderful Life, Love Actually, Elf, Miracle on 34th Street....
I have a small collection of Christmas films which I watch over the holiday. White Christmas (of course), Holiday Inn, Miracle of 34th Street, Scrooge and Scrooged (a very funny updated version of Scrooge!)
Anything but “It’s a Wonderful Lifel”. I like “White Christmas” though it’s all a bit schmaltzy and contrived. I also like “Arthur Christmas” which I think is clever and very funny. Other than that, Christmas films, as such, don’t float my boat. I prefer an old B&W like “Little Women”, “Philadelphia Story”; or for laugh out loud, Tom Hanks in “The Money Pit”.
I like a film that makes me laugh and so it's got to be Home Alone or National Lampoon's Christmas Holiday. I've seen both of them many times but they still make me laugh!
My favourite Xmas film is 'Holiday Inn'. It was made in black and white but did you know that it is available in clour? What is your favourite Xmas film? Brian.