Gransnet forums

News & politics

Parliament online

(11 Posts)
Fennel Mon 10-Dec-18 20:01:43

Does anyone else watch this?
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcparliament
I must be a masochist, it's so frustrating.

Anniebach Mon 10-Dec-18 20:23:26

I watch it , daft because it makes me angry

ayse Mon 10-Dec-18 21:20:13

Makes me angry as well. Why can’t they grow up!

Fennel Mon 10-Dec-18 21:23:12

And me - to think we're paying this lot to govern us and all they do is procrastinate and quarrel among themselves.

ayse Mon 10-Dec-18 21:26:30

About time those with other incomes supported themselves so it didn’t come out of our taxes

lemongrove Mon 10-Dec-18 22:04:01

Enough to make you want to grab the mace ( and hit a few heads with it) from all sides and including Bercow.

crystaltipps Mon 10-Dec-18 22:14:44

It’s interesting to see how few MPs are actually in the chamber.

MaizieD Mon 10-Dec-18 22:57:48

About time those with other incomes supported themselves so it didn’t come out of our taxes

No, it's about time MPs weren't allowed to benefit from 'other incomes'. It makes them too open to defending their particular 'interests' rather than that of the country. Make all of them just live on their MP pay.

Labaik Mon 10-Dec-18 23:11:35

Who did grab the mace? I'd just left the room for a second and missed it. Have found today gruesome but fascinating, especially as the people representing how I feel are so cross party. And still on the BBC News, Kuensberg makes excuses for May and they show interviews with people saying they just want us to 'get on with it'. Well, govt is 'getting on' with Brexit and this is the result. Project fear in all it's glory...what a mess.

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Dec-18 23:39:38

We had been watching the final part of Babies: Their Wonderful World and watching terrible twos temper tantrums. Then we switched over to the BBC news, today in Parliament and DH asked me if we were still watching the Baby programme about the tantrums.

varian Thu 10-Jan-19 20:25:25

Conservative MP John Redwood reveals that Remain constituents are demanding that Theresa May’s Brexit deal is voted down. John says the withdrawal agreement is 'not leaving, it is sentencing us to another 21-45 months of these awful endless debates.'

www.express.co.uk/videos/571922/Brexit-Remainers-want-to-vote-DOWN-May-s-deal-claims-MP

I do like just occasionaly check out the ultra-brexit supporting Daily Express. I can actually remember them having an "anti-common market" campaign in the 1960s.

One of their heroes is John Redwood, who was paid (in addition to his salary as an MP) more than £200,000 last year by investment advisors Charles Stanley for advising their clients to invest their money abroad - anywhere, but NOT in the UK, because if brexit happens the UK economy will be going down the pan.

Shameless hypocracy- you could not make it up!!!!