Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris

(195 Posts)
Rosina Thu 14-Mar-19 12:00:41

What do you think about Boris Johnson's pronouncements regarding the investigations into historical sexual abuse?
Does the attempted clarification of facts to establish the guilt or otherwise regarding a long dead politician or celebrity need to be pursued, as there can be no trial or any meaningful result for the abused, or should we be using that money to help fight knife crime and protect people today?

Anniebach Mon 25-Mar-19 11:31:38

Good grief , you needed someone to provide you with the opportunity to speak of Johnson’s lack of morals maryeliza ?

maryeliza54 Mon 25-Mar-19 11:27:55

With hindsight I should thank you ab because you provided me with the opportunity to remind people of BJ’s utter unsuitability to be PM.

maryeliza54 Mon 25-Mar-19 10:51:54

Damn it- spaffing not staffing obvs

maryeliza54 Mon 25-Mar-19 10:51:15

You knew exactly what you were trying to do ab in your post - drawing a false equivalence through comparing number of marriages of the two men. You also forgot to factor in that BJ is much younger than JC so has plenty of time to catch up in marriages and continue fathering children with whoever he’s staffing up at the moment.

trisher Mon 25-Mar-19 10:50:07

As usual Annie your insight into the reasons for Corbyn's marriage failure is extraordinary. Mind you it could be argued that Mrs Corbyn got rid of him because he didn't agree with her choice of school. Much more of a feminist concept.

Anniebach Mon 25-Mar-19 10:46:02

I did not compare the morals of them, and my criticism of Corbyn and his marriages has always been him leaving the 2nd Mrs Corbyn because she wouldn’t agree with his choice of school for their son yet speaks of equality

You were not in this forum when I spoke out about Johnson supporting Petronella Wyett to have an abortion

maryeliza54 Mon 25-Mar-19 10:36:09

Yes ab you certainly touched a nerve - your belief that you can criticise JC for his having being married 3 times and draw comparisons with BJ who is frankly an alley cat when it comes to women. With one of the children he fathered he denied being its father to start t with and then went to court to try and have the child’s existence hidden by an injunction. During his 4 year affair with PW ( whilst he was married to wife number 2) he fathered 2 children with her, which resulted in one abortion and one miscarriage. There is plenty to criticise JC about but your post above was just pathetic.

Anniebach Mon 25-Mar-19 10:35:25

I have no respect for Johnson or Corbyn

Lily65 Mon 25-Mar-19 10:23:20

God, what a sad state of affairs. I think we have grasped Corbyn is disliked. I'm no fan. Is this really the best we can manage.....variations on "I don't like your friend. Well your friend is even nastier"

Anniebach Mon 25-Mar-19 10:17:03

Whoops I touched a raw nerve ?

maryeliza54 Mon 25-Mar-19 10:12:50

Well JC will have a hard job matching B(BS)J ‘s sleeping with other women whilst still living with his then wife and fathering a baby with his mistress and then lying about it so that he was sacked. Your total hatred of JC completely blinds you to any truth and frankly your post was ridiculous ab. . You’ve roudly criticised JC on many posts for his being married more than once but can’t bring yourself criticise a Tory who by your Christian principles is a serial fornicator.

Anniebach Mon 25-Mar-19 09:58:00

Will be marry the new girlfriend to match Corbyn

Jalima1108 Mon 25-Mar-19 09:50:07

varian The Boris lookalike obviously did not realise that BJ himself has lost a lot of weight since acquiring another new and much younger girlfriend along with a new hairstyle.

Ominous signs.

maryeliza54 Mon 25-Mar-19 09:05:43

Some Jewish people on Twitter are accusing B(BS)J of cultural appropriation this morning and others are asking him for biblical quotes on adultery.

Lily65 Mon 25-Mar-19 09:00:54

I know people who have a lousy command of the English language and can't spell and/or read and write/use a computer and they are 1000 times more decent. FFS

Labaik Mon 25-Mar-19 08:50:47

'My people' ?? Who does he think he is; the queen ???

maryeliza54 Mon 25-Mar-19 08:47:53

Ohh dear dear dear - How very sanctimonious - doesn’t stop Boris from being a big s**t. If you want to criticise anyone’s use of language you could start with him and spaffing eazy

Grandad1943 Mon 25-Mar-19 08:42:04

I see the forum grammar and spelling police are about again.

See sum of us nevor got much in da way of edumcation. grin

eazybee Mon 25-Mar-19 08:28:42

Read the article. Whether you agree with it or not it makes sensible points about the disastrous deal Mrs. May is still trying to force on the country, and is written with a more imaginative command of English vocabulary than that displayed by the most recent posters on this thread.

Grandad1943 Mon 25-Mar-19 08:28:10

Lily65, it's a Big Sh*t in a car. confused

I had better get off to work before I get banned. ?

Lily65 Mon 25-Mar-19 08:22:02

What on earth is that on the Telegraph?

Grandad1943 Mon 25-Mar-19 08:01:20

OK maryeliza54, in future I will address him as Boris (Big Sh*t) Johnson. grin

maryeliza54 Mon 25-Mar-19 07:49:41

Grandad please don’t call him a buffoon - tbat makes him sound harmless. He’s an absolute s**t and a danger to everything that is decent in our society.

Grandad1943 Mon 25-Mar-19 06:53:38

Boris Johnson is nothing short of a complete Buffoon. Should it be that he replaces Theresa May as leader of the Tory party, Jeremy Corbyn will very shortly after that be handed the keys to ten Downing Street.

Ginny42 Mon 25-Mar-19 00:44:18

I was just about to post the same. How can anyone take this man seriously? He was of course either just arriving or leaving Chequers where the Tory party were discussing whether or not May's deal had a cat in hell's chance of getting through. We'll know soon enough.