Gransnet forums

News & politics

What do we think of Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party?

(1001 Posts)
Kandinsky Sat 13-Apr-19 09:17:01

Whatever side of the debate you’re on he is very watchable.

I wonder how they’ll do in the elections ( if we have them )

paddyann Sat 13-Apr-19 11:51:37

the man is a liability ,sadly there are those who think he's "speaking for them" when in reality the only person he speaks for is himself ! How could you support someone who has gleefully suckled from the milk train in the EU..massive wage...huge expenses fantastic unending pension rights ,tells you to leave but has EU passports for him and his family? He's not the idiot its the "fans" who support him who are .You'll be the ones who suffer when prices soar etc ..not Farage who has it all sorted for himself

Firecracker123 Sat 13-Apr-19 11:59:07

He's certainly got all you Remainers worried that's for sure. All the sniping, jibes and digs at any leaver who support him.

Nonnie Sat 13-Apr-19 12:04:07

Gracegran I think you misunderstood that post, watch the link and then laugh.

jenpax Sat 13-Apr-19 12:04:53

My opinion of Farage and Brexit are unfortunately not printable???

Firecracker123 Sat 13-Apr-19 12:41:30

Obviously remainers don't like him because he is standing up for the 17.4 million leave voters and giving us a voice.

Dinahmo Sat 13-Apr-19 12:52:55

thank you crystaltipps. It seems to be necessary to constantly remind certain sections of the population that we didn't all vote to leave. Sadly spme of the politicians are still saying that they are carrying out the will of the people.

Witzend Sat 13-Apr-19 13:02:11

Never could stand the man. Regardless of his politics, he makes me think of a dodgy used-car salesman.

I voted Remain, though admittedly holding my nose to some extent, since I do have reservations about the EU, and certainly don't have the craven attitude to all things EU that some Remainers seem to possess.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-Apr-19 13:19:07

witz your approach in your voting remain will have its mirror in a leave voter.

That is why Farage with his call for a crash out, can never represent 17.4 million. In fact I would argue he only represents a small minority of leave voter.

mcem Sat 13-Apr-19 14:24:15

An indication of NF's activity in EU.
His (almost non-existent) column is ironically on the left. Plus other intersecting snippets.

mcem Sat 13-Apr-19 14:25:16

intersecting interesting!

Wheniwasyourage Sat 13-Apr-19 14:29:05

Can't be bothered with the self-important poser. He's just out for himself and happy to take the money from the EU as an MEP, which I think is dishonest and means I will ignore him.

dragonfly46 Sat 13-Apr-19 14:32:08

Firecracker I am not worried about Farage at all - I am worried by the number of people who are taken in by him and allow him to influence them. He lies and yet even some intelligent people seem to believe him - I find that worrying.

Firecracker123 Sat 13-Apr-19 14:41:50

Liars like Theresa May, Dominic Grieve, Cooper, Soubry and not forgetting Corbyn and many more besides trying to stop Brexit plenty taken in with their lies and broken promises.

dragonfly46 Sat 13-Apr-19 15:02:02

I don't dispute they are all liars and self-servers although I am a fan of Anna Soubry - I think she is not in it for herself but for the good of the country which so many people do not care about. She has sacrificed her career for this. How many others have done that? Certainly not 'Faridge'!

Framilode Sat 13-Apr-19 15:04:31

I wonder how his German passport application is going.

Framilode Sat 13-Apr-19 15:04:50

I wonder how his German passport application is going.

Firecracker123 Sat 13-Apr-19 18:43:46

Another smear campaign how desperate people are to discredit him, his ex wife was German and his 2 children with her have UK and German passports. Anna Soubry is a liar.

mcem Sat 13-Apr-19 18:52:37

No comments at all about his substantial salary paid for doing nothing?
Happy to support someone whose only intention is to go on supporting himself and not you?
Ok to be "represented" by an absentee?
If anyone cares to post some evidence that he is in fact honest and upstanding and that these articles are no more than smears, I'd be very pleased to read them.
Anyone? Anything?

jura2 Sat 13-Apr-19 19:11:00

Firecracker- yes, his poor wife - he made her very happy, did he? Children (or at least some) have indeed got German passports, so an escape route.

Does anyone know for sure if he himself illegally applied for a German passport or not.

Could you please state how Anna Soubry is a liar, please?

Alima Sat 13-Apr-19 19:24:50

Are you Whitevave from before Wwavemk2? From St Budeaux and the south coast? If so really good to see you back. (If you are a new Wwave welcome).

Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-Apr-19 19:28:00

??alima

Thank you?

JenniferEccles Sat 13-Apr-19 19:28:10

I certainly think he was instrumental in Cameron's decision to give us a referendum on leaving the EU, so we can be thankful to him for that.

I actually quite like him, but I'm not sure what he can do to ensure we get a proper Brexit though.

It's a shame UKIP allowed itself to be infiltrated by the far right, so much so that I fear it's image is tarnished.

dragonfly46 Sat 13-Apr-19 19:29:59

Yes I too would be interested in what Anna Soubry lied about. You may not agree with her views but she has never lied and has always been consistent.

jura2 Sat 13-Apr-19 20:15:00

Firecracker, a reply would be nice- when you have a minute. Thanks.

JenniferEccles- what would YOU call a 'proper' Brexit, please.

Oldbat1 Sat 13-Apr-19 20:23:49

I can’t bide him or his politics.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion