Gransnet forums

News & politics

Banning milkshakes to save Farage

(304 Posts)
trisher Mon 20-May-19 15:56:03

Well Newcastle got him today but police in Edinburgh asked McDonald's not to sell milkshakes whilst he was there. What do you think? Is he fair game? Is it OK to target right wing politicians? Or should milkshakes be banned?
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-48339711?

Labaik Thu 30-May-19 18:47:45

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me when the WTO elections are by the way....

Labaik Thu 30-May-19 18:46:43

'Hampshire Police confirmed it is investigating the milkshake incident.' will have to wait and see what the result of the investigation is and if anyone is prosecuted. When that happens then someone will get back to you, I'm sure....

Chewbacca Thu 30-May-19 18:21:15

Budge up Callistemon, I'll sit and wait with you. could be a while

Callistemon Thu 30-May-19 12:34:08

If it's all over google that this is untrue, please could you provide a link.

still waiting

Elvive Wed 29-May-19 23:10:56

at 8 am? with a veteran? in Aldershot?

nice job

Callistemon Wed 29-May-19 22:53:49

Ask yourself why, if a man had been riding a bike and thrown a milkshake at somebody at 7.30 am why was the victim not covered ( including shoes). Why would the victim stand around all day in the same clothes? Why was the press there by 8 am?

If I threw a milk shake at someone whilst cycling it would probably end up mostly over me and not my intended victim grin
However, that did look fairly accurately thrown.
The press may have been there because he was outside a polling station [duh]

Elvive Wed 29-May-19 20:36:40

thanks for that.

Chewbacca Wed 29-May-19 17:52:19

sigh

Nonnie Wed 29-May-19 16:14:54

Larry You are mistaken about my comparisons. I don't like the implication that I am making any kind of threat, I am not and I don't like the misinterpreting of what I actually said. I find that offensive.

Please give me examples of "constant hectoring by remainers who won’t accept the result"?

I do know that posters change their names, usually because they are concerned that they will be identified but I am surprised when I read "Many posters name change frequently". I have been on here for a long time and am not aware of anyone doing it 'frequently' and would be surprised if HQ allowed that. As for saying it's none of my business, I should point out that I didn't ask you who you had previously been, I just asked if you had changed your name. Of course you don't have to answer, just as none of us have to answer anything. You could have ignored the question and no one would have noticed. Now you have brought attention to it.

This twisting of what I say simply reminds me of a poster who has just disappeared although there are other posters who do it too, along with those who make untrue statements and never apologise.

LarrythecatknowsitAll Wed 29-May-19 16:00:40

I thought you were comparing proof with the milk shake incident (not Nigel’s) with the reasons people voted leave!

I voted to remain so I don’t know others reasons but maybe they are fed up trying to justify themselves to constant hectoring by remainers who won’t accept the result?

Many posters name change frequently that’s actually none of your business and I don’t like the veiled outing threat.

I changed to protect my dd so I expect you to respect that

Nonnie Wed 29-May-19 15:45:31

Larry no I'm not 'confusing issues' I'm comparing sets of values. One for those who want to leave the EU but a different one for those who disagree. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

You said "I have seen lots of posts explaining the myriad of reasons for going and for staying" but I haven't which is why I keep asking. It may be that it was a long time ago during one of the times I have been away from GN or it could be that it was on a thread I didn't read. Whatever the reason I have missed it I still don't understand why it is too difficult to tell those of us who don't know what the reasons are. Yes of course no one has to, their choice but it does seem rather odd that those who want to stay in the EU are happy to post their reasons but those who want to leave are not.

Are you an old poster who has changed their name? I think I may recognise your style.

Labaik Wed 29-May-19 14:52:56

'No one knows what leave looks like or indeed what stay looks like in the future'...but we could always leave in the future if we weren't happy with what was happening with the EU. And, perhaps [and I include myself here] we should all have taken far more interest in the EU and conversed more with our representatives.

LarrythecatknowsitAll Wed 29-May-19 14:51:25

And it’s not on google as you said by the way.

LarrythecatknowsitAll Wed 29-May-19 14:50:57

I think I will wait to see the press coverage Elvive such a big story would have been front page news by now in any event.

Will wait and see.

Elvive Wed 29-May-19 13:54:48

Ask yourself why, if a man had been riding a bike and thrown a milkshake at somebody at 7.30 am why was the victim not covered ( including shoes). Why would the victim stand around all day in the same clothes?
Why was the press there by 8 am?

LarrythecatknowsitAll Wed 29-May-19 13:48:27

But Nonnie I have seen lots of posts explaining the myriad of reasons for going and for staying but everyone has their own reason I don’t think there’s any one answer for anyone.

I can’t see what evidence has to do with his. You are confusing issues.

The milk shake debate about the elderly man arose because a poster said they had evidence it hadn’t happened and it was on google. It isn’t so there was no evidence. It was a silly post.

People voting stay or leave don’t need to provide evidence Because no one has the evidence. You don’t know and neither do I we are all just going on the facts as we see them now and our own understanding of those facts.

No one knows what leave looks like or indeed what stay looks like in the future.

You are confusing two completely different issues.

Nonnie Wed 29-May-19 13:31:52

Larry so they say but why won't they repeat it? If you expect others to provide 'evidence' (and I don't know if it is true or not) then you should also provide 'evidence' when asked. I have been asking for a very long time, probably over a year, so what are leavers worried about? Can you not see lack of an answer implies so much?

LarrythecatknowsitAll Wed 29-May-19 13:25:01

And clearly there is no evidence or we would all know about it by now.

Utter nonsense

LarrythecatknowsitAll Wed 29-May-19 13:24:15

Nonnie

Many leavers have told you why they voted leave time and again on here but clearly you don’t seem to compute.

Nonnie Wed 29-May-19 13:07:59

POGS I have been 'politely asking' leavers to give me their reasons for voting leave and they haven't so I don't think it is reasonable to ask someone to possibly betray a confidence to you.

Urmstongran Wed 29-May-19 13:07:15

And yet the Brexit Party have Asian people some of whom stood as MEP candidates??

?

maryeliza54 Wed 29-May-19 12:57:55

POGS you are flogging a dead horse - any evidence either way is clearly not available otherwise it would have been all over all types of media.

Nonnie Wed 29-May-19 12:56:16

Maw of course you do but how do we stop it? Perhaps if Boris loses the case others will take note and be more honest. Do I think that will happen? Not really but I live in hope.

maryeliza54 Wed 29-May-19 12:55:50

Maw I think you know the answer to that very well.

MawBroonsback Wed 29-May-19 12:52:33

We know that throwing milkshake on someone even on Nigel Farage is not the way forward. But it was covered all over the media. Why wasn't the "Go home comments" shouted at an Asian MEP by Brexit party members covered all over the media???? Do I smell double standards??