Gransnet forums

News & politics

Labour anti-semitism

(929 Posts)
Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 12:04:55

The equality and human rights commission have launched
an investigation

Iam64 Tue 09-Jul-19 18:56:54

It's worse by the day isn't it. Still, I expect those on this thread who continue to insist the problem isn't with Labour but with the right wing media and the rest of being to thick to understand we're being manipulated won't change.

Anniebach Tue 09-Jul-19 17:56:54

The Labour Party strongly opposes NDA but they are necessary in their party ?

POGS Tue 09-Jul-19 17:22:21

Will they have to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement like staff members?

Yes that was sarcasm.

Anniebach Tue 09-Jul-19 16:31:51

3 in one day

Lord Turnberg

Lord Triesman

Lord Darzi

Have resigned the Labour Party whip. - anti semitism

Iam64 Mon 08-Jul-19 11:48:14

Transference?

POGS Mon 08-Jul-19 11:44:55

WW

The irony in your personal attacks to me is astounding given you admitted to doing what you accuse me of ' weaponising using antisemitism'

You posted :-

" In fact by trying to counter your claims and constant weaponising with examples of Tory anti-Semitism i find I am falling into the same trap. Shame on me."

So your constant posts using Tory antisemitism is being used by you as a ' weapon/weaponising' just to get at a poster/me because all I say is I believe antisemitism/islamoohobia/racism is in ALL parties.?

I speak of antisemitism in the Labour Party on a Labour Party Thread.

I clearly stated I believe antisemitism/Islamophobia /racism is a problem for ALL Parties.

You are spoiling for a fight because you and trisher, others too at some point or another insist I do your bidding and answer/respond to your posts in agreement . If I stay quiet I am still accused of something or the other and in this case ' weaponising antisemitism'.

Don't bother coming back by saying I am playing the victim card as that is not the case.

I am telling you politely that I will not be told by you or anybody else what/where and when ' I ' choose to post!

Now you can carry on trying to avoid my posts, that is you perogative. You can carry on making unnecessary personal nasty comments, that is your perogative too. You can carry on and on and on playing the man not the ball, trying to raise my dander, trying to disrupt a thread that does not suit your opinions I can't stop you, nor would I because the more you post, the more you accuse others such as myself the more the light shines on what you are trying to do whilst all the time doing what you accuse others of.

Anniebach Mon 08-Jul-19 10:23:37

How can the Labour Party condemn racism when it is in their own party.

Anniebach Mon 08-Jul-19 10:21:35

Seems the whistle blowers may be a casualty of the war.

trisher Mon 08-Jul-19 10:15:27

I have tried many times to discuss anti-semitism and what it actually entails only to have thrown at me various allegations about Labour and Corbyn. In the light of this I will not engage any further. I leave you to your prejudices and MSM influenced perceptions. Define anti-semitism as you wish and use it as you deem fit in your political battles. Just remember Aeschylus said, “In war, truth is the first casualty.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 08-Jul-19 09:28:25

iam64 if anti-semitism is being discussed it should be looked at wherever it occurs. It doesn’t occur in isolation as you well know. To simply use the concept to look at one particular body is to weaponise that concept.

Jewish leaders have long pointed out this, but it is ignored by the right wing press.

Anniebach Mon 08-Jul-19 09:13:38

If the Labour Party are speaking the truth about anti semetism in the party why have they chosen Carter Ruck to
try to stop the whistle blowers speaking out?

Iam64 Mon 08-Jul-19 09:07:01

As a Labour voter, I must be missing something because I don't see this discussion as part of a conspiracy theory to keep Jeremy out of number 10.
I don't agree that anti semitism is being 'weaponised'. Yes, the right wing press are making much of the allegations. The Labour leadership is encouraging that by responding in such a hopeless way.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 08-Jul-19 08:52:54

Pogs

The truth is that anti-semitism exists in both political parties and society at large.

If you were interested in truth as you so bravely asserted in your posts would recognise this by looking at anti semitism wherever it occurs, but they don’t.

You aren’t interested in truth but only where it can be used in attacking one political party. Nothing wrong with that except that you are using anti-semitism as a tool to do so. You are weaponising anti semitism and it is wrong.

Undoubtedly you will continue but I hope now that others reading will understand exactly what is happening here.

lemongrove Mon 08-Jul-19 08:47:47

trisher you say ‘WWM2,well said, and I will join you in refusing to be complicit in this use of anti-semitism’
?
A sentence worthy of something from the book 1984, in the way that truth can be twisted.

Anniebach Mon 08-Jul-19 08:39:18

Labour certainly know which solicitors to choose to silence
the whistle blowers in the Panorama programme.

Carter Ruck

POGS Sun 07-Jul-19 22:29:41

trisher

trisher Sun 07-Jul-19 22:13:36
Whitewavemark2 Well said, and I will join you in refusing to be complicit in this use of anti-semitism.
-

Complicit use of antisemitism!

How strange .

Are you happy with the complicit use of Islamophobia?

I personally don't care if the truth is pointed out about either but then again I don't deny or believe in conspiracy theories. I prefer to accept it is happening and I will not be afraid to speak frankly or straightforwardly to make my point.

POGS Sun 07-Jul-19 22:18:56

WW

pogs

" But all I ever read is you attacking Labour. "
--
If I am on a thread discussing Labour I discuss Labour.

I rarely venture onto the copious Tory Bashing threads , I leave others to it.

I do post if I think something is worth saying or I think a false statement has been made but as a rule if some posters went to vent their opinion on the Tories I am not that interested in defending them.

As for your usual type of personal retort to me :-

" In fact by trying to counter your claims and constant weaponising with examples of Tory anti-Semitism i find I am falling into the same trap. Shame on me. "

I am not 'weaponising ' bugger all.

You can't ' weaponise ' the truth .

The truth can be ignored, denied, twisted into a conspiracy theory but at the end of the day if a person does not accept the truth then that is their problem , not mine.

trisher Sun 07-Jul-19 22:13:36

Whitewavemark2 Well said, and I will join you in refusing to be complicit in this use of anti-semitism.

Anniebach Sun 07-Jul-19 21:30:57

trisher the thread title ?

Anniebach Sun 07-Jul-19 21:29:58

It will be lemon

Whitewavemark2 Sun 07-Jul-19 21:29:20

pogs
But all I ever read is you attacking Labour. I have never denied a problem in the Labour Party, but I think that the way it is being continually brought up on here year after year is in fact weaponising anti-semitism, something I feel extremely uncomfortable with. In fact by trying to counter your claims and constant weaponising with examples of Tory anti-Semitism i find I am falling into the same trap. Shame on me. To those Jewish grans I apologise. I will no longer take part in what I find a very distasteful exercise.

lemongrove Sun 07-Jul-19 21:24:36

Panorama will be interesting on Wednesday.

Anniebach Sun 07-Jul-19 21:20:49

I think you are right POGS

POGS Sun 07-Jul-19 21:12:40

Fennel

"The reason I wish it wasn't so high profile is that as history has shown, it will probably all come back to blaming the Jews for moaning in the end."
--

Forgive me for asking a question but how does that comment sit with the view of Finkelstein who said :-

". If Corbyn loses, a lot of people in the Labour Party are going to blame it on those Jews who fabricated this whole anti-semitism witch-hunt hysteria. And that will be a problem, which... you know what the bigger problem there is? It's true! Jews were the spearhead of this campaign to stop Corbyn. And so, there's going to be a lot of anger within the Labour Party – that's not anti-semitism, that's factually based.'

Finkelstein and those who see antisemitism in Labour as a pack of lies , a Jewish conspiracy to attack Corbyn are surely. ' blaming the Jews for moaning in the end.

trisher Sun 07-Jul-19 21:02:02

I didn't suggest it was a conspiracy Iam64 I just wondered why it wasn't a cause for concern nationally? The Labour party has often been accused of taking too long in its investigations.