Gransnet forums

News & politics

BBC 1

(11 Posts)
Ginny42 Tue 18-Jun-19 22:23:48

Don't know how that happened - sorry.

Ginny42 Tue 18-Jun-19 22:23:00

We were watching the next PM and members of his cabinet. TM must have been curled up on the sofa laughing her socks off. They wanted rid of her for one of these? I kept watching, although I knew it was harmful viewing, in the hope that it would get better. It didn't.

Johnson was evasive, didn't answer the questions, in fact he didn't appear to have heard some of them, forgot the name of the Imam and waffled. The point that really angered me was when he said he didn't believe that his comments about Nazanin had made a difference to her prison term! His supporters must have cringed when the question was asked, 'Do words have consequences?'

One positive thing was that Javid forced/coerced his reluctant colleagues to commit to an external enquiry into Islamophobia in the Tory party.

Ginny42 Tue 18-Jun-19 21:54:11

We were watching the future PM and members of his cabinet. TM must have been curled up on the sofa laughing her socks off! They wanted rid of her for one of them? I kept watching although I knew it was harmful to my equilibrium, thinking it might get better.

It would be fun if Corbyn sues Gove tomorrow for slagging him off on live TV.

Johnson didn't even answer the questions. He didn't appear to have heard some of them, forgot the Imam's name, and was waffling as usual. Gawd help us.

Javid keeps reminding us he's one of us.

The young Irish girl was the most impressive on the programme.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 18-Jun-19 21:52:31

Loonies taking over the asylum!!!!

Urmstongran Tue 18-Jun-19 21:29:29

At times it was painful on the ears, all of them yapping about nothing and Maitliss had as much control as an apprentice lion tamer. Not a very good advert for the Tories and Im beginning to think the only sane person in all this is Nigel Farage.
?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 18-Jun-19 21:04:43

That was another hour I shall never get back listening to lies and utter humbug.

If there is another debate I will not be watching it.

paddyann Tue 18-Jun-19 21:01:26

I have no idea why this is on TV ,the general public has no say i this "leadership" contest so why do we need to have the clowns spouting the usual Tory rubbish at us? Just 9000 people in Scotland will be able to vote in the election..thats 9000 tories voting for a leader of a party we haven't voted into government since 1955 ...thats right NINETEEN FIFTY FIVE ....for a Brexit we voted against by 62% of those who voted.Democracy? If it wasn't so bloody unjust it would be laughable

Yorksherlass Tue 18-Jun-19 20:53:42

Who said I was referring to the debate ha ha

Marilla Tue 18-Jun-19 20:51:50

Sorry, I didn’t realise you were referring to the debate Yorkshirelass. ? I thought you meant the BBC was bollocks!

Yorksherlass Tue 18-Jun-19 20:45:18

Emily Maitlis trying too hard to rule the roost. I can’t hear anything , why no studio audience , waste of time.

Yorksherlass Tue 18-Jun-19 20:40:05

Is this a load of testicles