Gransnet forums

News & politics

Early Christmas

(7 Posts)
Septimia Thu 27-Jun-19 21:03:59

Christmas doesn't start until Advent. Or, in my case, when the birthdays in the first 2 weeks of December are over !

CanadianGran Thu 27-Jun-19 19:32:00

Boxing Week in Summer Sale!
we are getting silly sales flyers. It seems now Boxing Day sales have turned into Weeks in summer and after Christmas.

In Canada the Boxing Day sales used to be quite good, but now retail has turned any excuse to get people into shops by having Boxing Week Sales! Ridiculous!

midgey Thu 27-Jun-19 19:30:57

I went into a supermarket and saw this, but as they were so cheap I thought they probably last years with a very very short date!

Harris27 Thu 27-Jun-19 18:57:30

It's ridiculous and i do love Christmas but we need to keep everything in proportion! Let's get the summer over really!!

SalsaQueen Thu 27-Jun-19 18:53:50

That is absolutely ridiculous. It's bad enough that the Christmas stuff is usually in the shops in September - but already?!

crazyH Thu 27-Jun-19 18:38:06

Due to personal reasons, I'm not too fond of Christmas. So I'd better stay indoors?
No, it's really too much pressure on families.

MooM00 Thu 27-Jun-19 18:28:40

Can you believe it, I was shopping yesterday in a well known supermarket and actually discovered they were actually selling large boxes of Christmas biscuits. Are we not allowed to have our Summer in peace without probing us with the thought of Christmas. I am just starting to look forward to my holiday and the children haven't finished school for six weeks holiday yet. Normally I have seen Christmas products for sale in August I thought that was bad enough. What Do you think