Gransnet forums

News & politics

I despise Yaxley Lennon

(185 Posts)
Lessismore Sat 06-Jul-19 15:26:13

and all he stands for. I seriously cannot believe there are genuine people on this forum who appear to think otherwise.

Joelsnan Thu 11-Jul-19 15:49:24

GG3
We don't need him and his moronic followers to list the allegations against Islam
A response to an earlier post.

GracesGranMK3 Thu 11-Jul-19 15:56:28

So are you saying you agree with his racism then Firecracker? Accessing a whole race or faith on the basis of the behaviour of some of that race or faith would certainly be a prejudice that, depending on what was suggested, and I believe TR's suggestions are radical, could be breaking the law - as could repeating them.

He is a criminal (actually not just me saying). He is very good at cultivating an image of victim-hood and martyrdom which is very appealing to the far-right. Tommy Robinson can act as he does because of a social climate of fear more acceptability create by the likes of Boris Johnson and his letterbox comment. That and the tabloid newspaper's promotion of anti-immigration stories my make this sort of comment seem more acceptable but no laws have changed.

Personally, I will stand up for our "British" values that tell me the person next to me, however they define themselves, is always equal to me.

Beckett Thu 11-Jul-19 16:04:43

I think people are losing sight of the fact that he has been jailed for contempt of court - not for his political views. It doesn't matter who or why he filmed the defendants - in doing so he broke the law.

Labaik Thu 11-Jul-19 16:06:45

TR's followers have destroyed all of SODEM's flags etc. at Westminster [SODEM and Steve being the most gentle natured of protesters]. Have attacked the police also I believe. What is happening to this country? It truly terrifies me....

Firecracker123 Thu 11-Jul-19 16:07:12

No I'm saying I agree with some of his views.

Re Boris and his letter box comment well he has a point.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 11-Jul-19 16:10:16

labaik just seen it on twitter. What is happening is truly terrifying. They are attacking television crews as well.

If anyone wants to know they are trying to raise money to replace everything that was smashed.

Joelsnan Thu 11-Jul-19 16:13:03

Labaik
Were these protesters specifically defining themselves as TR followers or were they Brexit voters? (Your SODEM post)

Whitewavemark2 Thu 11-Jul-19 16:14:24

TR supporters. They are all over twitter

Lessismore Thu 11-Jul-19 16:25:53

I am all for " calling out" wrong doing, especially where abuse is concerned. I have not failed to see that a number of high profile cases have involved members of BME communities.

Calling out/drawing attention to/fighting for the vulnerable is admirable.

Using abuse victims to stir up anti Muslim feeling and potentially ruin a court case is not admirable.

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jul-19 16:45:55

Changed your minds yet, all you Brexiteers ?

Joelsnan Thu 11-Jul-19 16:55:13

Lessismore
Using abuse victims to stir up anti Muslim feeling and potentially ruin a court case is not admirable

I think the anti feelings are directed towards the abusers. I think just like you and I the majority of society do not blame all Muslims, however there are some enclaves where this abuse has been carried out for decades (still happening by all accounts) and the fact that their specific community has not dealt with it using their internal processes is concerning.

maddyone Thu 11-Jul-19 16:59:10

I know of no case where a murderer has got a less than nine months sentence. I thought the mandatory sentence for murder was 20 years, and sometimes more depending on the case.

maddyone Thu 11-Jul-19 17:01:30

That was about LadyGracie’s post, I only read the first page. I shall now carry on and read the rest of the thread.

Lessismore Thu 11-Jul-19 17:08:20

Ok.....some Muslims did some terrible , terrible things. Some police acted in a poor way.

Do we need a convicted criminal and a hater of Islam stirring things up?

Labaik Thu 11-Jul-19 17:12:29

Somebody, somewhere needs that, Lessi….

Lessismore Thu 11-Jul-19 17:15:30

Sorrry Labaik, I don't follow?

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jul-19 17:15:40

Neither is inciting hatred towards our armed forces, Lessismore.

It's now become a chicken and egg situation.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 11-Jul-19 17:16:35

EllanVannin I do not know anyone who voted leave that supports YL??

Lessismore Thu 11-Jul-19 17:17:56

I am totally confused now, who is inciting hatred towards the armed forces?

maddyone Thu 11-Jul-19 17:19:24

I’m sorry but, love them or hate them, I think it is absurd to put Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage in the same category as TR. What crimes have they committed? It is perfectly lawful to wish to leave the EU. BJ spoke inadvisability when he made the comment about letter boxes, but to equate them with TR is ridiculous.

maddyone Thu 11-Jul-19 17:21:03

I voted remain actually, but I know many people who voted leave, and just as as GrannyGravy says, none of them are TR supporters.

Lessismore Thu 11-Jul-19 17:24:04

well said maddy.

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jul-19 17:38:15

Who started all this hatred between nations ? None other than the British media along with the lies published in tabloid newspapers. Sensationalism and scaremongering about threats posed by Muslims is widespread courtesy of the Sun, Star and Daily Mail. It's the inaccuracies that cause/create real world consequences.

Maybe our press/media need strict regulations, a front page apology and/or a hefty financial penalty.

Bridgeit Thu 11-Jul-19 17:40:37

The real reason TR is called vile, . ? Well that’s easily explained , it is because he IS vile , his opinions ARE vile they are expressed in a vile Manner & he insights other to be Vile , that kinda off equates to VILE in my book.

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jul-19 17:43:18

There has never been a truthful answer from those who voted leave. Why do you want to leave the EU ??

Maddyone, perhaps it slipped your memory that BJ once mentioned " letterboxes " when referring to Muslims ?