(Letter - Copied) “This is what I sent my MP”
I have realised that the Remainers have been right all along when they say I did not know all the true facts before voting to leave, and it's true! We WERE lied to apparently - so I decided to do a little research.
I just voted to leave because I thought our sovereignty was being compromised by foreign unelected masters. That we were compelled to have unlimited uncontrolled immigration, our laws and export agreements dictated by Brussels bureaucrats - and had to pay eye-watering amounts for the privilege
I did not know more than 4,000 EU officials get paid more than our Prime Minister.
I did not know that, unlike the UK, 18 countries get more back from the EU than they put in.
I did not know that the EU occupies over 45 buildings - 2 of which were purpose built monuments of grandeur and are the largest buildings in Europe.
I did not know that the EU Parliament spends 150 million euros a year moving to Strasbourg every month for 4 days committee meetings - and any attempt to stop this madness is vetoed by France.
I did not know that the EU has had a huge luxury shopping Mall built in Brussels for exclusive use of EU employees.
I did not know that every day queues of chauffeur driven cars, with their engines running, wait outside EU establishments while their occupants go in, sign in for their attendance allowance and expenses, then come straight back out and are driven away.
I did not know that many of them (like the Kinnocks) end up as millionaires as a reward for looking the other way!
I did not know that Clegg was lying when he mocked Nigel Farage for saying that an EU army was being planned - and Brussels said all along that it would NEVER happen.
I did not know that the EU had been financing the mass movement of industries from UK to mainland Europe.
I did not know that every member of the EU Council has to swear an Oath of Allegiance to the EU - so they are not a country's representative to the EU. They are the EU's representative to the country! I did not know that mep`s allowance is € 4.513 per month. The monthly pre-tax salary of MEPs is €8,757.70 (as of 1 July 2018) which is the equivalent of an annual gross salary of €105,092. I did not know 44,000 EU officials and 11,000 employees cost over €8billion a year – 4,000 of those officials earn more than €290,000 a year, which is more than the German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s salary’.
I am so glad that the Remainers prompted me to look deeper into the bureaucratic absurdity of being in the EU.
Financial and industrial deals from the EU . This is what successive governments have allowed to happen.
1) Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
2) Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
3) Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
4) Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
5) British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
6) Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
7) Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
😎 M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
9) Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
10) Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
11) Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
12) Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
13) Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
14) Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
15) ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
16) Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
17) JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
18) UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
19) Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
20) Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
21) The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
22) Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
23) 39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
24) The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. 25) The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.
26) Vince Cable who gave away 5 Vital Navy Tanker shipping orders to Korea.
Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Or are my facts wrong? GOOGLE IT.
(In Wales) a total of 39,155 stated they wanted to leave, while the remain camp received 29,367 votes. This gave Brexit a majority over 14%. Turnout in the country was 74.39% with 68,555 voters going to the polls, a higher level than last year’s general election. There were 33 rejected ballot papers. With the leave campaign winning in both Wales and the UK, politicians representing Pembrokeshire have spoken out. Our political elite asleep on the gravy train: Says it all just about, but not forgetting project fear?
I urge you to vote and support Boris Johnston in his struggle to deliver the result of the referendum leave the EU with or without a deal. Cameron stated clearly that if no agreement was reached after two years it would be WTO.”
Magpie1959 Sun 08-Sep-19 13:42:08
growstuff Sun 08-Sep-19 13:45:02
Pantglas1 Sun 08-Sep-19 13:49:27
MaizieD Sun 08-Sep-19 14:01:59
growstuff Sun 08-Sep-19 14:03:11
Pantglas1 Sun 08-Sep-19 15:20:42
EnglishRose Sun 08-Sep-19 18:50:13
Labaik Sun 08-Sep-19 20:56:06
Urmstongran Sun 08-Sep-19 21:23:32
lemongrove Sun 08-Sep-19 21:29:59
Labaik Sun 08-Sep-19 22:27:51
Labaik Sun 08-Sep-19 22:28:57
Labaik Sun 08-Sep-19 22:30:27
Labaik Sun 08-Sep-19 22:31:05
Labaik Sun 08-Sep-19 22:31:41
Labaik Sun 08-Sep-19 22:34:25
MaizieD Sun 08-Sep-19 22:49:44