Elegran Tue 17-Sep-19 10:26:23

Watch live on Youtube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDH4TGDMvFw

AllotmentLil Wed 25-Sep-19 22:49:21

Whitewave - agree 100%.

AllotmentLil Wed 25-Sep-19 22:48:09

Impartial
Populous simply means “people”.
Proletariat was used in Ancient Rome to indicate the lowest class.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Sep-19 22:45:38

It is incredibly worrying.
Who ever thought that we would hear such language and aggression.

It is now as much as anything a feminist issue with the women MPs and their families being threatened because of the language.

Women should stand in solidarity regardless where they stand politically

Ginny42 Wed 25-Sep-19 22:43:44

We might hope so mcem, but I wonder if people still think BJ amusing and a bit of a lad. Surely some of the Tories who voted him to the PM role must be regretting their choice.

AllotmentLil Wed 25-Sep-19 22:41:01

His answer to everything was to “get Brexit done”. His response to Tracy Brabin, Jo Cox’s successor, was also despicable and to Jess Phillips who practically begged him to moderate his language because of how it looked to the outside world. He has really plumbed new depths. JRM now adding his tuppence worth. angry

mcem Wed 25-Sep-19 22:36:36

Surely even ardent supporters of brexit must condemn this performance by the caricature of a PM.

Nandalot Wed 25-Sep-19 22:33:55

Johnson, not Bercow, of course.

Nandalot Wed 25-Sep-19 22:33:28

He is an absolute disgrace. How can he say ‘the best way to honour Jo Cox is to get Brexit done.’ Just when you thought he couldn’t stoop any lower.

Labaik Wed 25-Sep-19 22:23:23

And he then continued to use even more inflammatory language....Bercow has, as ever, handled it incredibly well.

varian Wed 25-Sep-19 22:18:21

I watched that exchange and was horrified.

Just when we think this vile PM cannot sink any lower he does.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Sep-19 22:15:50

Jonathan Lis
@jonlis1

This is Trump’s Britain in ways we can only begin to compute. Language has no more limits. People have no more value. The aggressive, heartless contempt starts here and people have every right to be scared. These moments are as dangerous as any we’ve found in the last 80 years.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Sep-19 22:12:15

A distressed Paula Sheriff MP, makes an emotional plea to PM to tone down the language - citing murder of her friend Jo Cox.

Prime Minister responds by saying “humbug.... “

Truly appalling, completely demeans the office he holds.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Sep-19 22:10:11

Some comments. On twitter

Jonathan Lis
@jonlis
Still trying to process what I just saw in Commons. It was one of the most distressing things Parliament can ever have witnessed. Our country, our institutions, our future are at stake, and the people charged with protecting them are clubbing them to death. Could almost cry.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Sep-19 22:07:55

grandad I missed the this evenings debacle, but it sounds explosive if the comments are anything to go by on twitter.

I hope Johnson isn’t behaving like this in the hope that parliament will decide enough is enough and call an election.

They can’t allow the brat to have his own way.

Yes I read that it is the pole dancer that will do for Johnson.

Labaik Wed 25-Sep-19 22:06:26

His reply to Paula Sheriff has gone viral; I think Johnson will live to regret his behaviour tonight. I've been angry at many things said by many politicians (of most parties) over the years, but I've never been as angry/disturbed by what I heard tonight.....

Grandad1943 Wed 25-Sep-19 22:01:28

The Johnson and the Tory party certainly lived up to their reputation of being the "nasty party" by way of their performance in the House of Commons today.

Johnson even seemed to be deliberately stoking further public division with his personal insults of all who would not laud his unlawful activity in the proroguing of Parliament.

I have not seen that much of what went on in parliament today but what I did view this evening made me feel ashamed of what our parliamentary democracy has sunk too.

However, it may not be Brexit that brings Johnson down, but the alleged giving of taxpayer revenue to the women in his many illicit relationships.

Once more Boris (The Buffoon) Johnsons sense of entitlement is demonstrated even when it involves the probable misuse of public money.

jura2 Wed 25-Sep-19 20:32:57

mysoginist and so disrespectful sad shameful.

Labaik Wed 25-Sep-19 20:29:46

His reply to Paula Sherrifs impassioned plea to him to stop using inflammatory language was disgraceful....I didn't think my opinion of him could sink any lower but it has....and he's still using that language now. Vile man....

jura2 Wed 25-Sep-19 20:28:19

Not at all- we need to secure the request for the extension, as legally required, and ensure Boris does not use this 'excuse' to throw us all out with No Deal. The opposition in all its guises can see right through him and will not be goaded by Cox's shouts of turkeys, cowards and marshmallows' and other appalling language.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 25-Sep-19 20:10:29

Bring on a snap election!!

jura2 Wed 25-Sep-19 20:03:50

the inflammatory insults and general language of so many on the Tory benches have been shocking and degrading in the extreme. And, mark my word, the EU and the world is watching this sad

varian Wed 25-Sep-19 20:01:58

The Speaker made a plea cor MPs to refrain from the use oc inflamatory language yet BJ persists in referring to the surrender act - disgraceful

Impartialandeducated Wed 25-Sep-19 19:57:52

I am very intrigued by Whitewave remarks and implicit support of Darren Jones, MP.
We rarely hear of left wing populism except when we were disguising a second referendum as a people's vote. The very root of the word lies in the latin word populus, the people, the proletariat. To denegrate the populus in the way the Lib Dems have done in the recent conference will come back to haunt them in the same way as, during the hustings for the next general election, those Labour candidates trying to be re elected in pro Brexit constituencies will have great discomfort. The latest polls still show a Tory lead of 9 points over the nearest rival. Those MPs who think that it is democratically acceptable to remain as MPs under a different flag will also find themselves in difficulty in the polling booths..this is how populism works.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Sep-19 19:49:31

Cherry

“Populist rant”

Indeed

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Sep-19 19:34:46

Winston Churchill (which he could have used to describe Johnson)

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”