Gransnet forums

News & politics

Tories At War

(21 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-Sep-19 07:10:44

So it seems we have been barking up the wrong tree by accusing Cummings of being the power behind the throne.

The real puppet master it appears is a billionaire hedge fund backer a man called Crispin Odey, who it seems funds both Johnson and Mogg.

It was him it appears that urged Prorogation to force Brexit, He will make untold billions from Brexit.

Grandad1943 Mon 23-Sep-19 07:56:22

Whitewavemark2, it has always been the case with the Tory Party that if someone is prepared to donate money to the organisation their views will be accepted as policy however outrageous those views may be.

With the Tory party everything is about money, always has been, always will be.

With Brexit and the Tory Party, the whole matter is essentially a few already very wealthy persons in our society making even more money at the expense of the many who will lose out very badly.

It's as simple as that.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-Sep-19 08:04:58

Parliament is suspended because Crispin Odey demanded it be.

Our democracy has never been so sick. Ever.

It might be terminal.

Grandad1943 Mon 23-Sep-19 08:17:56

Whitewavemark2 Quote [Parliament is suspended because Crispin Odey demanded it be. Our democracy has never been so sick. Ever.

It might be terminal.] End Quote.

Let us all hope that what you state above Whitewavemark2 is not indeed the case in regards to the state of our democracy.

However, I feel there are many in the Tory party and within the Leave supporter camp who would wish what you fear would come about.

Some of those persons even populate this forum unfortunately.

kittylester Mon 23-Sep-19 08:26:03

Er, Tories at war. Have you read the papers?

MaizieD Mon 23-Sep-19 08:30:06

Wwmk2 is talking about the Ch4 documentary of that name, kitty.

Dottynan Mon 23-Sep-19 08:32:05

Labour at peace ?

growstuff Mon 23-Sep-19 08:35:19

Two wrongs don't make a right.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 23-Sep-19 09:00:54

Posters taking last nights documentary at face value?

Think back to the one on antisemitism in the Labour Party, all Labour supporters on here dismissed it out of hand, same with the one made about the EU.

Hypocrisy abounds, you cannot pick and chose which documentaries you believe due to your political bias.

Grandad1943 Mon 23-Sep-19 09:06:35

Political party conferences were originally brought forward as events where all aspects of policy were to be subjects of forthright debate and in that resolution.

It is only in recent times that such conferences have become media events with debate and disagreement being subverted by the executive for fear of press reaction.

Instead of that forthright debate we have in these times ministers and shadow ministers parading on and off the stage to loud music in the likeness of Greek Gods making bland speeches to which little or no alternative argument is allowed.

Let's have an end to such falsehood and as with the Labour conference of last year and this have real forthright debate brought to the floor of the conference with grassroots activists leading that argument.

That's the way it should be. Sod what the press think let's have real debate and argument as that will benefit our democracy and those political parties which allow such action.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-Sep-19 09:23:41

That will never happen in the Tory party .

The powerful billionaire faceless controllers won’t allow such a radical and democratic thing to scupper their hold

Grandad1943 Mon 23-Sep-19 09:26:07

Sadly i fear your remarks will be found to be very true Whitewavemark2.

growstuff Mon 23-Sep-19 09:39:58

I'll repeat, GrannyGravy, two wrongs don't make a right.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-Sep-19 09:49:56

If anyone can prove that the documentary was incorrect in any aspect I will be the first to retract my post

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-Sep-19 09:53:06

Oh dear

Tom Newton Dunn
@tnewtondunn

Boris Johnson refuses to deny extramarital affair with young businesswoman he may have helped win public cash

growstuff Mon 23-Sep-19 09:57:07

Well, who'd have thought it? shock

Actually, it seems about par for the course. Worryingly, people knew what he was like before they voted for him to be party leader.

It's all like Monopoly to them and we're the mugs living in Old Kent Road!

growstuff Mon 23-Sep-19 09:57:53

Whitewave Odey said it himself. You're not incorrect.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-Sep-19 11:31:21

Corruption at the highest level

BBC Politics

Boris Johnson refuses six times to answer questions about claims of a conflict of interest over £126,000 of grants awarded to US businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri https://

humptydumpty Mon 23-Sep-19 11:37:52

Fascinating documentary, I really enjoyed it. Even though not a CP supporter, I really liked the way Alan Duncan came across.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-Sep-19 12:51:27

Channel 4’s #ToriesAtWar has footage of hedge-fund owner Crispin Odey, who bankrolled Rees-Mogg and made £300 m shorting the £, saying he backed Johnson for PM because Johnson would suspend parliament to force a no-deal Brexit through. Brexit: money for the rich

hugshelp Mon 23-Sep-19 13:00:59

Our country is on the brink of heaven knows what, dodgy dealings, and nonsensical policies are being thrown around from all parties and people both at Westminster and around the country are still playing party politics.