Gransnet forums

News & politics

What is Johnson hiding.

(40 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Mon 04-Nov-19 15:37:46

There is clearly something he doesn’t want the voter to know about, otherwise why suppress such an important report?

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-latest-boris-johnson-russia-report-dominic-grieve-brexit-vote-a9182516.html

gmarie Wed 06-Nov-19 22:08:36

Off topic but re/ our parallel problem here in the US, just read this in a news article:

"They say Trump is making Russia great. That’s basically accurate,” pointed out Karen Shakhnazarov, CEO of Mosfilm Studio and a prominent fixture on Russian state television. “The chaos brought by Trump into the American system of government is weakening the United States. America is getting weaker and now Russia is taking its place in the Middle East. Suddenly, Russia is starting to seriously penetrate Africa... So when they say that Trump is weakening the United States—yes, he is. And that’s why we love him... The more problems they have, the better it is for us.”

Chilling.

Ginny42 Tue 05-Nov-19 21:41:20

It is of the upmost urgency that this document is released into the public domain. The media are always banging on about the public having a right to know. There couldn't be a more pertinent example of this.

jura2 Tue 05-Nov-19 21:31:14

youtu.be/023nN-tvADs

jura2 Tue 05-Nov-19 21:09:28

Indeed.

Boris is a huge security risk as his past behaviour means he is so open to blackmail. He spent a lot of time with Russian oligarchs at Russian mountain in Umbria, Italy- attending bunga bunga parties - they probably have enough to make life very uncomfortable for him sad

varian Tue 05-Nov-19 19:33:44

If this report is not published before the election, it needs to be leaked.

It is outrageous that voters are still being told to respect the result of the referendum when we now know beyond doubt that it was corrupted by lies, cheating and Russian interference.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Nov-19 11:11:51

MI5 speaking out now. I can’t see how Johnson’s position of suppression is tenable.

Ben Bradshaw
@BenPBradshaw
·
Ex head of MI5, Jonathan Evans, adds his voice to those of all the the other former intelligence & security chiefs - the public has the right to see the official report into Russian interference in our democracy before #GE2019

jura2 Tue 05-Nov-19 08:54:47

One thing is for sure- it is out there now, and if he does not publish- it will be much worse than if he does. Perhaps even some of his staunchiest supporters, even those here, will finally realise that he is bad, through and through and cannot be trusted.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Nov-19 08:47:51

Smoke, mirrors and flames if division and hatred

bylinetimes.com/2019/10/31/how-russia-will-fan-the-flames-in-britains-general-election/

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Nov-19 08:46:16

Johnson in bed with a Russian who owns the Standard.

t.co/k6NfJ61n4N

I’d also forgotten Cameron’s close involvement with Murdoch.

gallusquine Tue 05-Nov-19 08:21:04

No matter what he and his cronies have done there will be no consequences. Some will continue to think that lack of morals and ethics are not a consideration compared to their socially illiberal/ I'm all right Jack views being the order of the day.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Nov-19 08:08:45

gmarie

Difficult to understand isn’t it?

We have a powerful press in this country who largely support Johnson, and will smear and often lie with huge headlines.

Those folk who buy such newspaper as The Sun, The Daily Mail And And The Express, see their headlines - and it is often the only political view they take on board - with uncritical acceptance.

That is one reason that they are willing to accept such low life as Johnson, and why they appear willing to accept self inflicting policies.

MaizieD Tue 05-Nov-19 08:05:07

I have posted this on more than one occasion when the topic of Russian interference is being discussed.

Worth a read and some consideration.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

gmarie Tue 05-Nov-19 04:23:50

As I'm sure most of you have heard, there is evidence here in the US that Russia interfered in our 2016 elections, as well. Thinking of DT and BJ, I truly wonder if their aim was more to destabilize our two countries than to help a certain party or individual. Putin does not seem like a dumb guy - scary and authoritarian, but not stupid. How could any leader look at either of these two narcissistic blowhards and want them in power?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Nov-19 02:56:44

hetty love the quote

Paddy Docherty
@paddydocherty
Bloomberg is reporting the suspicions that Cummings is a creature of Putin... This could hardly be a more urgent security issue... Why is the BBC not reporting it..?!

Hetty58 Mon 04-Nov-19 21:37:10

But not clever enough to fool all of the people all of the time!
For those considering voting for him:

"There are two types of Conservative voters, the rich and the misguided. To find out which one you are, check your wallet."

grapefruitpip Mon 04-Nov-19 21:24:21

What is he hiding? His huge and superior intelligence.

We used to hear a lot about how clever he is.

boat Mon 04-Nov-19 21:21:33

Yes I agree.

It looks on the surface as though Al (Boris) doesn't want us to know that the Russians swung the referendum vote but I have been trying to look at this from the point of view of Dominic Cummings (a struggle I assure you).

It's just about possible that although there was some influence it was not overwhelming. So Al can hold off until he is, "Forced", to reveal the report and can say, "See! They are always maligning me but I am squeaky clean

Pantglas2 Mon 04-Nov-19 20:58:49

Very interesting programme jura2 especially the summing up!

M0nica Mon 04-Nov-19 20:53:29

whitewave, my post above tells you why!grin

jura2 Mon 04-Nov-19 20:45:21

Watch Dispatches on Channel 4 now.

varian Mon 04-Nov-19 20:37:02

Tom Tughentadt, the Conservative chairman of the Defence Select Committee, has said that it is vital that this report is published without further delay.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 04-Nov-19 20:30:50

Thank you jura2 I know that you have said you are now living in Switzerland, just wasn’t sure on the whole timescale.

jura2 Mon 04-Nov-19 20:28:41

Yes, I can- as we have lived abroad for 10 years. You can't vote if you have been out of UK for 15+ years.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 04-Nov-19 20:25:53

Ben Bradshaw
@BenPBradshaw
Johnson doesn't want you to know the nature and extent of Kremlin interference in our democracy and politics before #GE2019. Ask yourselves why

GrannyGravy13 Mon 04-Nov-19 19:48:33

jura2 Are you eligible to vote in UK General Election, just curious as our Swedish and Danish family members cannot?