Gransnet forums

News & politics

Rosette colours

(2 Posts)
Baggs Sat 09-Nov-19 15:05:21

Perhaps it is just my screen, but Tory rosettes look more turquoise than royal blue to me. Didn't they used to be a more royal blue?

Can"t say I've paid much attention to rosettes in the past other than red, blue and... erm... wait minute, I get confused between SNP yellow and LibDem ¿orange?

Anyway, since the Brexit Party turquoise appeared it has struck me how close this year's Tory rosettes are to them rather than being a very bluey blue as I'd expect.

varian Sat 09-Nov-19 15:18:47

The LibDems, like the Liberals before them, always have gold rosettes. I seem to remember that the SNP colour used to be purple but purple was then adopted by UKIP and so the SNP changed to yellow and black, which is confusing.

The Tories always used quite a dark blue but I think this time it is a light blue very much like Farage's company colour of turquoise, presumably to suggest they are much the same.

I also seem to remember turquoise was the colour for another bonkers party led by David Icke, who believed we were ruled by lizards from the planet Zog or some such nonsense. They didn't last very long and with a bit of luck the brexit lot will go the same way.