Gransnet forums

News & politics

Just how low can people go

(17 Posts)
sunseeker Wed 11-Dec-19 18:39:14

Local news tonight is reporting that thieves have broken into a storeroom where 600 presents for children donated by the local community were being stored and stolen the lot.

As if that wasn't bad enough it is also being reported that a food bank in a nearby town has also been broken into and Christmas items taken

nanaK54 Wed 11-Dec-19 18:54:36

angry how absolutely awful, total scumbags

maddyone Wed 11-Dec-19 19:04:37

There are a lot of opportunitists about at this time of year. Someone stole a parcel that had been left for me behind the bin yesterday. Amazon are replacing it, but why leave it behind the bin?

SalsaQueen Wed 11-Dec-19 19:57:08

The lowest of the low, to steal from children. The lousy bastards.

maddyone Sat 14-Dec-19 14:57:27

Yes indeed, only total scum could steal children’s gifts. I believe there’s always a lot of theft about at this time of the year. So ladies (and gents and anyone else) remember to lock the house or car securely when you go out. Don’t leave your car keys at home if you go out, otherwise if anyone breaks in, they’ll take your car to take away everything they have stolen from your house.

TrendyNannie6 Sat 14-Dec-19 15:06:45

Hearing this makes me want to cry, scum of the earth

PamelaJ1 Sat 14-Dec-19 17:40:24

.Words fail me. So so sad that people can be so mean.

EllanVannin Sat 14-Dec-19 17:51:53

Opportunists. It's an evil act and more so when not all these thieving b'stards actually need to ! Which makes this act even worse.

Kalu Sat 14-Dec-19 17:52:40

I think there is a possibility I could be banned from Gnet were I to detail exactly how I would deal with these low lives in our society!

No morals, no standards......no hope!

EllanVannin Sat 14-Dec-19 17:56:16

Kalu, does it involve a firearm ?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 14-Dec-19 18:03:10

THIEVING DESPICABLE SCUM BAGS angry angry angry

timetogo2016 Sat 14-Dec-19 18:05:38

The vile b`stards.
Please let karma do it`s deed..
And what makes it worse is if the culprits are found nothing happens to them.
Who said crime doesn`t pay eh.
And Kalu I have a pretty good idea what you would do and I`m right behind you.

Kalu Sat 14-Dec-19 18:41:32

I was thinking along the lines of lethal injection!

I am actually a pacifist and an old hippy peace lover?. However.....I would happily be first in,line to administer the required dosage.

This only applies to the dregs of society who have no conscience when their actions result in so much misery for others. Job done!

elastic Sat 14-Dec-19 19:23:01

Did they have no security? Have people not learned a lesson from those model railway enthusiasts' trains being wrecked?

Sad sign of the times?

blondenana Sat 14-Dec-19 19:24:35

How low indeed, probably go on to sell them i expect, thieving b------s
Also this applies to animals too, dogs especially,
People still leave them tied up outside shops and in cars,easy pickings for anyone just passing and seeing a dog , unattended , mainly pedigrees but some stolen from houses in burglaries
As already stated, the punishment doesn't fit the crime

janipat Sat 14-Dec-19 19:31:48

Kalu I'm not sure you can be a pacifist and be prepared to administer a lethal injection! It is a vile thing they've done, but I bet they won't be short of buyers for the goods, who won't ask too many questions, and therefore become complicit.

Kalu Sat 14-Dec-19 20:43:22

As a contingent pacifist janipat it would be perfectly acceptable to administer a lethal does. One example is euthanasia.

The sad part as you mention are those only too,willing to buy the goods, regardless of how they were obtained.