Gransnet forums

News & politics

BBC exit poll

(354 Posts)
Gonegirl Thu 12-Dec-19 22:02:02

They reckon a huge majority for the tories!

SarahCGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 20-Dec-19 10:04:07

Hi everyone, this is an interesting thread and people have made some valid points, but it's really veered off topic and is becoming a bun fight. It would be a shame to have to delete it, so can we please get back to discussing the issue at hand.

Anniebach Fri 20-Dec-19 09:01:05

Good grief

Firecracker123 Fri 20-Dec-19 08:54:58

Get the violins out ? lol

GracesGranMK3 Thu 19-Dec-19 23:15:07

One thing I am certainly beginning to understand a little is how the Jews must have felt surrounded by a group of bullying blackshirts all of whom are taunting and deliberately misinterpreting anything they said while those who are supposed to keep the peace look on and do nothing because it pays them to stay quiet. I am not angry and upset but I am terrified of the right and what I have seen of them.

GracesGranMK3 Thu 19-Dec-19 22:40:45

I am not "so angry and upset that the Conservatives won". I am very busy and that takes precedence over everything else. I should have been reading the papers I picked up from the solicitors this evening but instead I gave used my time to give an explanation of a none personal post that had nothing to do with racism.

It was obviously a complete waste of my time and I shall not repeat the attempt. I certainly don't need fake magnanimity.

lemongrove Thu 19-Dec-19 22:06:03

I think your post is a load of old tripe GGM3 ....merely an excuse to be as rude as you possibly can and get away with it.

Still, as others say, maybe you are so angry and upset that the Conservatives won so convincingly that you are verbally lashing out.
I can be magnanimous when needed.Cheers wine

Callistemon Thu 19-Dec-19 21:47:13

These people have no morals inkcog. The gloating and sniping will continue as long as GNHQ let them.

The same thread.
The same poster.

Add lack of morals to your perceived defects!

Anniebach Thu 19-Dec-19 20:36:24

Doodle hugs x

Doodle Thu 19-Dec-19 20:27:07

I am a Tory. I am not racist. I care about other people. I am not scum.
I refuse to accept that someone can call me scum because I differ in opinion of which party to vote for. I have never said a word of abuse to anyone on GN no matter who they are and I do not think it in any way acceptable for someone to write that about me. You do not know me, how I think or what I feel. I am not scum because I vote Conservative or for any other reason.
I nearly did report that post but did not because I try to be tolerant and not do that.

Pantglas2 Thu 19-Dec-19 20:21:19

I don’t ‘tear at’ anyone GracesGranMK3 and believe everyone has an opinion that needs to be be heard and respected, whether I agree with it or not. Within my close family we have voted far left, middle and far right and I refuse to fall out with any of them.

GracesGranMK3 Thu 19-Dec-19 20:10:27

That is just not true Pantglas. I did not call anyone on GN "scum" but those who are reading all this will make up their own minds.

I agree it is a forceful descriptor but what was being suggested seemed to me, and like all of you I was expressing an opinion, was not what our country stands for and that particular phrase was described the force of my feelings in reply to someone who was suggesting that we should not only accept, but vote for, someone who lacked honesty, integrity, probity and morality because that is what they expected from our politicians.

In a murder case, you can have what is called "joint enterprise". Those people do not commit the murder but provide "assistance or encouragement". The quote at the beginning of my post shows someone prepared to show "assistance or encouragement" to those who are deliberately dishonest, lacking in integrity, probity and honesty. That is pretty much a low-life in our society - or are you saying it isn't? If you agree that these things aren't acceptable then the person assisting or encouraging by voting for them is equally guilty.

You may use whatever word you want but I do not resile from the "scum of the earth" that is where I believe they have placed themselves. I agree it is shocking but so is convicting people of "murder" who never struck a blow. Should we find some other word for that? It is a bad, immoral position and now you know just how bad and immoral I believe it to be. You do not have to agree but you should be careful of creating, as some have done, a linch mob just because you cannot see what is being said.

I really have things to get on with now so you - not you personally Pantglas - can tear at me a little more if you choose.

Fennel Thu 19-Dec-19 19:52:53

ps I'm too old to care what anyone thinks of me.

Fennel Thu 19-Dec-19 19:50:33

. "They are the scum of the earth if they go along with this as if it were nothing."
That's the bit of the quote I was agreeing with.
You have to look at the context.

Urmstongran Thu 19-Dec-19 19:27:46

I do thank you Grandad1943 your posts are measured, insightful and come from your experience. Fact based posts as you see it and I for one value them.

I’m with the one who thinks gfp is now inkcog
?
Usually quite cutting remarks.

GracesGranmk3 I was once told that all emotions come from the same pot. You stridently oppose Brexit & Boris. Your posts since the election results demonstrate your anger and hurt. I can understand your devastation. Boris’ whopping landslide with a majority of 80 means he can push through everything he wants. Now I’m deliriously happy with that but I can certainly empathise that you are most definitely NOT.

I truly hope Boris stands by his word and, in his humility, does us ALL proud and helps to heal some very raw divisions.

Pantglas2 Thu 19-Dec-19 19:16:05

Respectfully GracesGranMK3 calling anyone scum is bad, never mind anyone on GN, who disagrees with your opinion. There’s no need to resort to that level and I don’t understand why someone of your obvious intellect can’t acknowledge that. We can disagree on any topic without gutter talk, can’t we?

inkcog Thu 19-Dec-19 19:16:04

truly saddened? Really?

POGS Thu 19-Dec-19 19:11:50

Fennel

I am truly saddened you hold the same opinion I have to say.

POGS Thu 19-Dec-19 19:10:53

Perhaps GG your post calling Tories ' Scum' was not reported for posterity as it is a lasting point of fact of what you said, how you like to post.

That's why I think reporting posts of such a nature and subsequently they are deleted actually ' enables' bad behaviour not stop it. It is far better to see posts / posters words for others to make their own opinion of a poster.

GracesGranMK3 Thu 19-Dec-19 19:04:36

You lied about me, Opal. Accept it. I did not call anyone on here "scum". It was a description of a particular type of Tory voter. The question is - why do you feel so strongly about this particular group of immoral voters?

GracesGranMK3 Thu 19-Dec-19 19:01:58

I meant I would stop this nonsense. Some with weak minds and an inability to reason may find that threatening but I certainly didn't know I was talking to such a person.

Interesting to see that you are only interested in the threats that are NOT coming from me but not in those towards me Chewbacca. You are obviously one of Boris's One Nation Tories, heaven help us!

Chewbacca Thu 19-Dec-19 18:50:58

I will stop you doing this to me Annie even if GNHQ do not care about your stalking

That sounds a bit threatening GGMK, did you mean it to be?

GracesGranMK3 Thu 19-Dec-19 18:46:27

I will stop you doing this to me Annie even if GNHQ do not care about your stalking. I have not denied a previous post. I repeated it so we could all see exactly what I said. I did not call anyone directly "scum".

You cannot have an apology Opal for something that didn't happen. If the rules said you cannot make general remarks about people voting in other ways to yours you would all be out by now. They do not. They say, basically that you may not make personal attacks, as you are doing.

Opal Thu 19-Dec-19 18:27:05

Seems to be a lot of back peddling on here, but still not the courtesy of an apology. Your views and comments are there for everyone to see GGMK3, we can all judge for ourselves.

Believe me Fennel, I'm no snowflake, I just get p****d off with posters who deny a previous post, call other posters "liars" whilst demanding an apology, get called out for it and then refuse to apologise themselves. I'll leave everyone else to come to their own conclusions from this thread, it's there for all to see.

Anniebach Thu 19-Dec-19 18:25:18

Fennel you approve and support calling voters scum ?

lemongrove Thu 19-Dec-19 18:10:54

Really Fennel ?
Hilarious.

Insulting posts should be left in place.....we will all make our own minds up.wink

Corbyn is now in the dustbin of history thanks to the millions and millions of those who voted Conservative, not ‘scum of the earth’ but normal everyday people up and down the land
Who simply couldn't trust the present PLP to be in power.
Thank God.