Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Phillip

(337 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 20-Dec-19 14:27:20

Was taken from Sandringham to Edward 7th hospital ,London for observation in relation to a pre existing condition.

Sparklefizz Tue 24-Dec-19 11:55:35

Having seen Harry and Meghan's Xmas photo with Archie this morning, I think Archie needs to see someone about his squint, bless him.

maddyone Tue 24-Dec-19 11:42:15

I think Harry and Meghan should take little Archie to meet his grandfather after Christmas. Of course they won’t, but it says little for Harry’s character that he accepts this situation with his wife and child. I’m afraid it tells us everything about Meghan’s character that she can cast off not just her father, but her entire family, both sides, mother’s side, and father’s side, apart from her mother. Her friends have apparently said she was looking for a rich, English man and she found one. She has no further use for the father who brought her up and paid for her expensive education and college education. What a materialistic young woman she must be.

It’s nice Prince Phillip is out of hospital for Christmas. Despite Harry and Meghan’s absence, he will be surrounded by his wife, children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren this Christmas. He is a lucky man.

ReadyMeals Tue 24-Dec-19 11:10:47

Don't forget Meghan's father also has other children, so it's not like he's been left totally alone at xmas (I assume his other kids and grandkids see him at xmas?) Lots of us are estranged from children, and some of us can tell us it's been for a good reason in some cases.

Anniebach Tue 24-Dec-19 10:58:43

Perhaps he still refers to ‘gingerbread men’ , so shocking

JenniferEccles Tue 24-Dec-19 10:52:59

I am pleased he is well enough to have left hospital and will be able to join his family for Christmas.

I have always liked Philip. I love his so called gaffes which are hilarious.

It seems pretty obvious to me that he cracks these jokes to put nervous looking people at their ease when meeting the Queen.

I was looking at a book about his comments in a shop a while back and they were laugh out loud funny ?.

I am sure no malice or insult at all was intended, and in fact I can well imagine folk laughing along with him.

What a great shame that the politically correct brigade has put a stop to his type of humour.

We will not see his like again will we?

Anniebach Tue 24-Dec-19 10:38:05

I am sure she is and a holiday in Canada too. So sad her ex husband hasn’t met his son in law and won’t see his grandson.

ReadyMeals Tue 24-Dec-19 10:25:56

No, Harry could go back, but she's obviously been looking forward to spending xmas with daughter and baby for months. And it's not like anyone's said Philip is dying. That would be a different matter.

Anniebach Tue 24-Dec-19 10:20:40

Doria would be devastated if her son in law left his holiday in
Canada to see his grandfather?

ReadyMeals Tue 24-Dec-19 10:17:07

I hope the doctors have helped him feel well enough to have a really good Christmas! But I also want the press to leave Harry and Meghan alone too, Doria would be devastated if they suddenly changed their plans and rushed to Sandringham. Meghan is her only child and Archie is her only grandchild. The Queen and DofE were never without any of their children or grandchildren over xmas when they were kids - William, Harry, Zara, Peter, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise, James, along with their parents were always there every year while the grandkids were growing up. Elizabeth and Philip have been extremely fortunate in the amount of family they've been able to spend every xmas with and still do.

Anniebach Tue 24-Dec-19 10:00:00

Is it fair to judge parenting 60 years ago with today

BlueBelle Tue 24-Dec-19 09:52:56

Having said all that (and pressed the button too soon)I don’t wish the old boy any ill will He’s out now isn’t he ? so best of luck to him He’s just that, a privileged old boy who is ill and will die soon I don’t feel anything for him or the rest of the family
I m neither a royalist nor anti they’re just something that is part of our country and just there, I don’t follow them they’re pretty irrelevant in my daily life
It’s a funny old set up really when you think about it

BlueBelle Tue 24-Dec-19 09:36:31

I don’t understand your comment he was funny but not unkind alexa I think he has been extremely unkind in some of his comments in the past or ‘his gaffes’ as they used to term them unkind and quite racist in many of his terms Remember what he called the Chinese not very endearing To me he comes across as a hard cold arrogant and an insensitive sort of man never saw him cuddle his kids when they were young and wasn’t he the one who wanted to ‘toughen’ Charles up

lavenderzen Tue 24-Dec-19 09:36:26

Good to hear PP has been discharged and is on his way to Sandringham.

MawB Tue 24-Dec-19 09:23:57

And given that Grabba, why on earth they bother to post on threads such as this tchconfused

Anniebach Tue 24-Dec-19 09:01:01

Phillip has been discharged from hospital

grabba Tue 24-Dec-19 08:51:04

I have no idea why people are interested at all in the Monarchy.
Privilege gone made, they have no power and no relevance to life now for the vast majority of people.
Wealth beyond measure while their subjects are relying on foodbanks, not that they are alone in that state

Alexa Tue 24-Dec-19 07:49:56

I always liked Prince Phillip. I liked his sense of humour. He was funny without being unkind. I'd have liked to talk to him about horse drawn carriages.

craftyone Tue 24-Dec-19 06:48:39

He still has his forceful mind so being away from family is probably his wish. I would not be surprised if he is having hospice type care. I should think the queen needs a hug.

Anniebach Mon 23-Dec-19 17:35:27

A reporter asked Charles about his father

Charles - ‘he is being well looked after, that’s all we know ‘

Good for Charles

wildswan16 Mon 23-Dec-19 14:16:18

I haven't read all this thread.

I just cannot believe that the news of a 98 year old gentleman being in hospital, a man who has served this country virtually all his life and supported a lady who most of us greatly respect, can end up as the rights and wrongs of private health care etc etc.

I just want to wish him a speedy recovery and my prayers are with him and his family.

Anniebach Mon 23-Dec-19 14:11:34

ReadyMeals your choice to support speculation, my choice
not to.

Alexa Mon 23-Dec-19 13:41:27

annepl wrote:
"The RF must be aware of this privilege. How do they justify it to themselves?"

I bet the same way I allow myself to eat and cook with cheese.
I feel sorry for dairy cows but am too selfish to stop stealing cow milk products.

ReadyMeals Mon 23-Dec-19 13:15:25

However, it is speculation that has been published and is in the public domain to discuss, therefore. I am sure Philip isn't reading our comments so he can't be hurt by them. And if he did read them he'd probably write us all off as a load of bleating old biddies :D

MerylStreep Mon 23-Dec-19 13:05:30

Callistomon
Just laugh, I do ????

Inkgoc is daft the best adjective you can come up with to describe this thread?

Anniebach Mon 23-Dec-19 12:57:49

ReadyMeals sorry but you still don’t get my point.

Phillip was in a car accident and I believe it was in the public interest and it was fact. Claiming he had a mistress for decades
was not fact