News & politics

The world according to Andrew Sabisky

(251 Posts)
suziewoozie Mon 17-Feb-20 12:56:05

This doesn’t seem to be being discussed much do here goes

1. Black people are mentally inferior
2. Women’s sport is more comparable to the Paralympics than it is to men’s
3. Enforced long term contraception
4. The benefits of everyone modafinil once a week are ‘probably worth a dead kid once a years
5. FGM is not a serious risk to girls ‘much of the hue and cry looks more like a moral panic’

For starters.

SirChenjin Tue 18-Feb-20 15:19:37

There is apparently a code of conduct for SPADs - not that this Govt seems to bother with such things:

"the employment of special advisers adds a political dimension to the advice and assistance available to Ministers while reinforcing the political impartiality of the permanent Civil Service by distinguishing the source of political advice and support [...] Special advisers are employed to help Ministers on matters where the work of Government and the work of the Government Party overlap and where it would be inappropriate for permanent civil servants to become involved. They are an additional resource for the Minister providing assistance from a standpoint that is more politically committed and politically aware than would be available to a Minister from the permanent Civil Service"

So, unless I'm mistaken that seems to imply there is a political element to such appointments - which makes it even more horrifying.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 15:18:50

FGS * grow* when I say they are temporary civil servants, that’s because they are. Unlike many on GN I do not make up things or use words to suit myself. What is it with people?
Here’s the damn link or are they making it up as well.

researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN03813

GillT57 Tue 18-Feb-20 15:16:43

You are likely correct growstuff, his vile views were carefully stated so as not to contravene laws on racial abuse and other subjects, besides which, he needs no more publicity. I agree that this loathsome boy is not the problem, the fact that the man elected to run this country at one of the most fragile periods of current social and economic history didn't see a problem with this SPAD's recruitment is serious. Combine this with the debacle of press being sorted into 'allowed' and 'not allowed' and the potential dismantling of the BBC, we should be very frightened indeed.

SirChenjin Tue 18-Feb-20 15:15:31

What the hell were you trying to achieve with that post jolbrook?? The fact that it even entered your mind is grim enough, let alone taking the time to type it. Urgh.

There are some really sick people out there.

growstuff Tue 18-Feb-20 15:13:13

They're not civil servants. The state pays all sorts of people who aren't civil servants.

Civil servants have job contracts with conditions, which these people don't have.

Greymar Tue 18-Feb-20 15:11:24

jolbrook, thats appalling. really.

growstuff Tue 18-Feb-20 15:11:21

GillT57 Your post expresses my view exactly.

Greymar Tue 18-Feb-20 15:10:41

If I have a few vinos, I don't say black people are less intelligent than other races.

It makes me sick.

jo1book Tue 18-Feb-20 15:10:11

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 15:09:56

But they are civil servants whether you like it or not - we pay them

growstuff Tue 18-Feb-20 15:09:47

GillT57 I don't think he could be prosecuted for anything. Contrary to what PC-haters think, it's not illegal to hold views which people consider to be abhorrent. The only grounds for prosecution are in quite specific circumstances.

The issue here is whether it would be politically acceptable for somebody with those views to be at the centre of government. In the case of Cummings and Johnson, it would appear that people do tolerate the views.

Sabisky was forced to resign when his sexual posts were uncovered, not as a result of his views on eugenics.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 15:09:15

Plus the fact of the access they enjoy

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 15:08:37

SPADS are civil servants completely paid for by the tax payer - that puts them in a special category imo.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 15:07:08

jol rigorous vetting including of social media activity is the norm for at least certain civil service jobs as I know from a family member. SPADS are at the heart of government and should therefore be even more carefully vetted

GillT57 Tue 18-Feb-20 15:03:00

Why was this loathsome boy allowed to resign? He should have been sacked, and possibly prosecuted too, although that would of course given his a platform. Johnson has shown appalling lack of leadership since his crowning, the film of the cabinet gathered around the table in Downing Street all agreeing with everything he said was pathetic, is this what people voted for? Really? I have said it before, but there must already be people writing books about this period in political history when the people of Great Britain fell under some sort of spell/drank from a poisoned well and found themselves with clowns, liars, cheats and backstabbers in charge having been promised a wonderful future. It hasn't taken long for this fantasy to be proved just that. While the masses concern themselves with celebrities coming out of the closet or sadly, committing suicide, these Machiavellian puppet masters play. I have gone from being angry to being fearful. While we have no effective opposition these nutters are allowed to get away with it. I am off to write to my ERG MP and ask his opinion on the current situation and would suggest that others do the same; remember, they work for us.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 18-Feb-20 14:55:53

All Parties have "Special Advisors" regardless of what they are called, to think otherwise is naive sooziewoozie

Callistemon Tue 18-Feb-20 14:52:23

SPADS are temporary civil servants only for the Government.

I don't think they should be termed civil servants
Career civil servants tend to despise them too.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 18-Feb-20 14:50:27

growstuff I actually agree with your last post.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 14:50:19

Welcome back GG. I’m disappointed you’ve gone for whataboutery. Also that you do not know that SPADS are temporary civil servants only for the Government. I accept that there will be advisers to the other parties but they are not SPADS. Your very poor argument seems to be that because there may ( pure speculation) be some advisers to other parties with unacceptable views, then it undermines our right to criticise the unacceptable KNOWN views of Government SPADS. You come across in general on GN to be far too bright to think that this is an acceptable, rational or logical argument - nice try but 0/10. Also do you not think that the right wing biased media in this country isn’t constantly monitoring all the past and present social media outpourings of anyone advising the LP ready to reveal them immediately? Come on

growstuff Tue 18-Feb-20 14:47:28

If Sabisky was tired or drunk when he prattled on in forums, interviews and public talks, he must have spent an awful lot of the last seven years tired and/or drunk. I'm really not sure that somebody who is permanently tired and/or drunk is going to be in a fit state to do work paid for by taxpayers.

His comments really weren't "one offs". Cummings must have known his views on eugenics, intelligence and birth control and, in fact, has said the same kind of thing himself. Presumably, he agreed Sabisky, so any vetting would not have barred him from the role. That's the point.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 18-Feb-20 14:47:14

Callistemon Having been at the local large shopping outlet choosing a birthday gift (3 toyshops) GC settled on an enormous themed box of Lego. GrandpaGravy is now beginning the "Lego Adventure" so I thought I would browse this thread, I must be a masochist!!!

Greymar Tue 18-Feb-20 14:44:00

Anyone who thinks uncontrolled population increase is not wrong is signing the death knoll of this planet

Whats this got to do with AS?

SirChenjin Tue 18-Feb-20 14:42:21

Do you come out with such extremely offensive rhetoric when you're drunk or tired jolbrook? I don't (but then I don't vote Tory, so perhaps that's the difference)

jo1book Tue 18-Feb-20 14:35:24

Well it looks as if in future rigorous vetting will have to include looking at every damn thing people prattle about on forums, blogs, twitter etc.. usually when tired or drunk. What a Pandora's box.

growstuff Tue 18-Feb-20 14:34:02

Nobody's asking you to apologise GrannyGravy. I was just pointing out that the Cummings/Sabisky version of underclass is those who are lacking in intelligence. The only objective way that can currently be measured is by educational qualifications.