Gransnet forums

News & politics

Are you sure, Harry?

(337 Posts)
merlotgran Thu 16-Apr-20 16:27:56

Not about your decision to cut and run from your country and family.
Not about bleating that you feel guilty about isolating in a multi-million pound mansion in LA during Lockdown.
Not about suggesting to frazzled parents that they should celebrate the moment, rolling around the floor in hysterics. confused

But....When you made that call asking for money generated by your wedding to be used for feeding children during the pandemic, are you really sure it was the Archbishop of Canterbury who picked up the phone?? grin

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8224495/Prince-Harrys-family-time-LA-home-lockdown.html

Bridgeit Fri 24-Apr-20 17:54:40

Families hey, Nobody knows MMs family dynamics, apart from the family, I am sure like every other family , there are ups downs ,
The speculation & apparent knowledge of this particular story
is quite astonishing.
I am neither a fan or a critic , I just don’t understand why the general public expand so much energy trying to second guess the future out come for this particular couple.
IMO They have the same 50/50 chance as the rest of us.

Anniebach Fri 24-Apr-20 17:12:57

Her friends ! have not been named.

Their relationship started in 2016, they married in 2018, she never took Harry to meet her father, yet they flew to Africa
for a holiday, I just don’t understand this, so cruel.

Sadgrandma Fri 24-Apr-20 17:11:48

Personally I feel that Megan has Harry by the nose (or something else). He was introduced to him (probably engineered by her) and he couldn’t believe his luck. She saw a way to become really famous, as a third rate actress this wasn’t going to happen, and poor deluded Harry was brainwashed. Now she’s got him where she wants him, including a baby he adores, and he’s trapped. He’s broken a few family hearts and he knows it. I expect he does feel bad but there’s no way out now. Bye Harry, many people loved you once. End of subject

merlotgran Fri 24-Apr-20 16:46:20

This could get very messy for Meghan if she has to give evidence against her father in court. Will she expect her friends to lie and say she had no knowledge of them leaking details of the letter?

She keeps her friends close by giving them jobs. If her employees don't dance to her tune she soon gets rid of them.

Of course she knows exactly what goes on.

Anniebach Fri 24-Apr-20 16:10:52

She said so , she also said her father felt harassed and
exploited by the press, - she hadn’t spoken to him for two
years !

Sparklefizz Fri 24-Apr-20 15:55:03

Meg didn’t know her friends had leaked details of the letter,

I don't believe it.

GrannyLaine Fri 24-Apr-20 15:48:47

I also thought the photo of Prince Charles with Prince Louis was really beautiful. It captured a special moment perfectly. Kate is a very talented photographer.

Anniebach Fri 24-Apr-20 15:36:00

Meg didn’t know her friends had leaked details of the letter,

Who wants friends like this bunch .

Chestnut Fri 24-Apr-20 12:02:01

Exactly my words Jabberwok!

Jabberwok Fri 24-Apr-20 10:51:39

I certainly agree about Archie. Apart from Doria and his parents, that little boy has no other family contact whatsoever! I'm all for protecting children from too much outside interest, but not to the point that there's nobody there at all!! You can't help wondering what his reaction will be to this family isolation when he is grown!? The photo of P.C with little Louis was gorgeous, poor Archie will hardly know who they are! Very sad!

Anniebach Fri 24-Apr-20 09:56:12

Watching the clapping yesterday evening, I was amused to see
little Charlotte start the clapping,

Sparklefizz Fri 24-Apr-20 08:45:20

I agree with the above posts .... and as Maddy says, that photo of Prince Charles with little Louis was a joy, and Archie is being denied that, and contact with his cousins and other family on both sides. A sad life for a little boy.

And when they post up these homilies about social distancing and isolation, does M ever consider the loneliness of her father?

maddyone Thu 23-Apr-20 22:57:42

Well the court case will certainly be in the news, so that’s not a private and quiet life! What a shame, it all started so well.

I feel very sorry for Archie. He has been denied contact with any grandparents. And the beautiful photograph of Prince Charles with little Louis today, the love expressed in that photograph, all that love is being denied to Archie.

Anniebach Thu 23-Apr-20 20:30:54

Agree eazybee. To humiliate her own father , what woman who do that

Namsnanny Thu 23-Apr-20 20:26:30

You'd think so wouldn't you easybee?

I know when I was happy thinking I had more than I needed to be content, I found it easy to forgive almost anything!

Namsnanny Thu 23-Apr-20 20:21:47

*Jabberwok and maddyone*… that's exactly how I feel, and a fair few million others I'll bet!

No hatred, no ill will, just irritation and disappointment.

BTW, I see hypocrisy in their dealings with everyone, it's just worse with the RF.
As others said up thread, all the fuss about not living in USA so long as Trump was president soon changed when it suited.
Hypocritical dealings with M's family, obviously including her Father.

Notwithstanding the confusing relationship they have with the press.

Too much drama, and attention seeking.

eazybee Thu 23-Apr-20 20:11:20

I was thinking about the impending court case, and wondering what sort of woman it is, blessed (at present) with every sort of good fortune, who is preparing to drag her not very stable father through the courts, where they will make mincemeat of him. Could she not, from the vantage point of having secured everything she appears to want, have let it go?

maddyone Thu 23-Apr-20 19:50:40

I totally agree Jabber. I was also happy for Prince Harry. I’m afraid I do think he’s been influenced by Meghan, but fair enough, if that’s what he/they want, so be it. I think it’s a shame, but there it is. However these ‘leaks’ over the last few days have annoyed me, if they want privacy and a quiet life away from the media, fair enough, but I’m afraid it doesn’t look that way any longer. It’s looks a lot like they want to be in the media, and certainly don’t want to be ignored.

Jabberwok Thu 23-Apr-20 19:35:24

That's exact!y it maddyone, A lot of us who were so happy that PH had found love and contentment with this, as we then thought, lovely lady, and were more than willing to foot the bill for their happiness, do feel disappointed, let down and frankly conned, as sadly that's exactly what we were! It is sad because they made a lovely couple who could have been a great asset to the RF, the Commonwealth and the country! Ever been had? We certainly were!

Anniebach Thu 23-Apr-20 18:47:21

Ignore the ‘hatred’ posts, it is used to disrupt threads . Politic
threads are quiet, boredom set in

maddyone Thu 23-Apr-20 18:38:03

Actually and very sadly, there is hatred expressed on this thread, but it isn’t towards H+M. It is expressed by the nasty, sneering remarks made by Gransnetters towards other Gransnetters. With regard to H+M a lot of disappointment has been expressed. People feel let down for the very reasons that Jabberwok has articulated.

maddyone Thu 23-Apr-20 18:28:35

Well said Jabberwok

GrannyLaine Thu 23-Apr-20 18:18:41

Anniebach How very....... abstract confused

Anniebach Thu 23-Apr-20 18:12:47

More words of wisdom , not about elephants this time ,

‘But here’s the good thing (because right now we need to
here good things, right ? )
Yes there is isolation and physical distancing, but there doesn’t have to be loneliness.

coggie Thu 23-Apr-20 18:09:03

I don't care. They seem OK to me.