Gransnet forums

News & politics

Missing evidence?

(16 Posts)
varian Fri 22-May-20 14:16:06

Evidence required to establish whether Boris Johnson may have committed misconduct in public office had been deleted, a watchdog has said.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) examined the prime minister’s dealings with businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri, and whether her company benefited financially from their relationship.

The allegations related to events and trade missions between 2013 and 2015, during Mr Johnson’s time as mayor of London.

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-jennifer-arcuri-criminal-investigation-news-deleted-evidence-a9527081.html

Dinahmo Fri 22-May-20 15:33:09

The IOPC director general said that no evidence was found to indicate that BJ influenced the payment of any monies to Arcuri. He also said that the officers responsible for giving sponsorship money etc thought that there was a close relationship between the two and that influenced their decision making.

Like other organisations where there is a powerful head, such as Murdoch, those individuals don't not need to tell their staff what to do because of the pervasive culture which emanates from the chief.

I don't think that this is the last we'll hear about Johnson/Arcuri.

paddyanne Fri 22-May-20 15:44:49

So many lost files ,remember T May losing peadophile lists ,honestly its shocking how forgetful some people are.Of course Boris didn't DO anything wrong anyway..we all know what afine upstanding ,honest(maybe thats a bit too far) loyal (wife who he walked out on when she had cancer might think otherwise) and all round great chap....or am I thinking of someone else?

varian Fri 22-May-20 15:54:39

And what happened to the report on Russian interference with our democracy?

Jabberwok Fri 22-May-20 16:34:01

Oh paddyanne his wife didn't have cancer when the marriage broke up, it was confirmed three months (?) later, a fact I think you are well aware of, but don't let the truth get in the way of a salacious story!! She wasn't left penniless either, although that would have made a good headline! 4 million was the settlement! Marriages break up for all sorts of reasons A fact I'm sure a lot of us on here are quite aware of! Nobody other than close family knows the full story of any marriage failure, but its rarely one persons fault, and actually no business of anyone else particularly judgemental people on this thread.

vegansrock Fri 22-May-20 16:53:41

Wasn't he having IT lessons in her apartment ?( in the afternoons when he was supposed to be at his desk when he was MoL)
Or maybe he was just at IT

Jabberwok Fri 22-May-20 18:39:34

Who knows, who cares!?

GagaJo Fri 22-May-20 18:45:58

Clearly not the BJ fan club. But then, if 36,000 deaths didn't make you doubt the Tories, adultery definitely wouldn't.

GagaJo Fri 22-May-20 18:46:32

Not to mention corruption.

Sussexborn Fri 22-May-20 18:52:00

Most of BJ’s wives had affairs with him whilst married to one of their friends. Not a circle I would want to be part of but none of them are sweet innocence and they knew what they were getting in to.

Just salacious gossip mongering and s**t stirring.

Sussexborn Fri 22-May-20 18:52:29

Innocents!

Sussexborn Fri 22-May-20 18:54:15

I mentioned earlier that the Independent was turning into a nasty rag! Anything to sell papers but a crime if it’s the Daily Mail. Double standards.

Jabberwok Fri 22-May-20 18:55:01

What's adultery got do with anything? I imagine there are people on here, god forbid , who have committed adultery. How can it affect 36.000 deaths?!confused

Jabberwok Fri 22-May-20 18:57:23

My FIL had four marriages, it didn't make him bad at his job, far from it,!

Daisymae Fri 22-May-20 19:16:17

Seems highly convenient. Issues of trust, integrity etc. Not that seem to be high on the agenda of some people. Excellent choice of personality to run the country. confused

MaizieD Fri 22-May-20 19:33:12

Now come on ladies, you know that Johnson could roast a baby over an open fire in the middle of Downing Street and eat it and the fan club would just say 'Ahh, he was hungry, poor thing'.