Gransnet forums

News & politics

Spitting Image

(12 Posts)
varian Tue 06-Oct-20 18:20:44

It seems to be a poor shadow or the original.

Namsnanny Tue 06-Oct-20 00:13:40

Its had dire reviews.

yggdrasil Mon 05-Oct-20 10:36:46

My partner has a new tv and he can get Britbox. He doesn't want it thought, so I looged in on his tv and saw the new Spitting Image. I was quite disappointed. I followed it up by watching one of the old series. There is no comparison
One thing is, I could still recognise most of the people on the old one, and in any case most were named at some point in case you couldn't. In the new one, I have no idea who some of them were and no hints were given. As if they expected everyone to recognise them

Desdemona Sat 03-Oct-20 19:12:35

I was looking forward to this, didn't realise it was only on Britbox, that's a pity.

Ilovecheese Sat 03-Oct-20 18:53:44

I havn't got Britbox but read a review of Spitting Image which said something about how physical characteristics were not used as much for laughs as in the previous series giving an example of Priti Patel not being given any words ending with the letter G, so as not to make fun of her way of speaking. Does anyone who watched it agree?

yggdrasil I also have a Sony smart tv. I have been told that I will need an Amazon firestick or similar device in order to receive Britbox or many of the other catch up channels, apart from iplayer.

Anniebach Sat 03-Oct-20 18:44:46

I watched it this afternoon, didn’t think it as good as the original.

biba70 Sat 03-Oct-20 12:36:42

In the meantime really enjoyed HIGNFU last night.

Grany Fri 02-Oct-20 12:30:51

Excellent very good impersonator

EllanVannin Fri 02-Oct-20 11:26:25

H and I used to howl laughing at the programme years ago. It depicted the Royal family when the Queen Mother was alive, with her love of gin and portrayed her slurring her words and naming a Royal child Gilbey after the gin makers. Hilarious.

yggdrasil Fri 02-Oct-20 11:20:02

I registered for Britbox via my pc, but I can't seem to find it on my Samsung smart tv. Other apps like Amazon prime are fine

Oopsminty Fri 02-Oct-20 09:47:07

Do you have BritBox, Luckygirl?

We were discussing this yesterday and SI is only showing on BritBox.

Fiver a month, first month free.

I did love it many years ago and have now got BritBox in anticipation.

There's not much else on there that we'll be watching!

Luckygirl Fri 02-Oct-20 09:08:25

www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-54380644

Love this!