Gransnet forums

News & politics

It looks as if Trump will win now

(423 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 04-Nov-20 08:05:28

Looking at the figures, it seems very likely that Trump has won a second term.How that will affect the world remains to be seen.?

Jane10 Fri 06-Nov-20 16:02:31

With any luck all the legal actions will cost the Trump family such a fortune that they'll not be able to be involved in politics ever again.

Summerlove Fri 06-Nov-20 16:41:38

Do the trumps pay for the challenges? I assumed it was the republican party

Whitewavemark2 Fri 06-Nov-20 16:48:26

History will not be kind to Trump. Deservedly so.

Jane43 Fri 06-Nov-20 17:00:51

Jane10 Summerlove is correct, the Republican party will pay the fees, there has already been a fund raiser set up and Trump supporters have coughed up millions of dollars already.

Grannynannywanny Fri 06-Nov-20 17:07:30

Trump’s unsavoury family and the rest of his hangers on will hopefully fade away when the gravy train runs out.

lemongrove Fri 06-Nov-20 17:07:38

Hardly worth starting a new thread right now.....I started it on Wednesday at 8a.m when things were looking very good for Trump.Slowly but surely it seems that is reversing now thank goodness.) It’s all worryingly close mind you!
Overseas and military votes yet to be counted.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 06-Nov-20 17:10:11

lemongrove

Hardly worth starting a new thread right now.....I started it on Wednesday at 8a.m when things were looking very good for Trump.Slowly but surely it seems that is reversing now thank goodness.) It’s all worryingly close mind you!
Overseas and military votes yet to be counted.

No it isn’t.

Biden will win Pennsylvania by at least 50000. That gives him the presidency.

varian Fri 06-Nov-20 17:11:34

Traditionally the military have been mainly Republican but Trump is a draft dodger who called US soldiers "losers and suckers" so perhaps he might not get the support he expects from the military.

Jane43 Fri 06-Nov-20 17:15:03

Trump still spewing venom, accusing Pennsylvania of a history of electoral incompetence. Somebody needs to stop this man’s malicious dialogue and soon.

lemongrove Fri 06-Nov-20 17:18:54

Perhaps they will have to storm the White House mob handed and carry him off to be sectioned.

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Nov-20 17:35:26

If they do I hope there are some cameras to capture the moment.

lemongrove Fri 06-Nov-20 17:37:44

Yes ?I can imagine him yelling. .... ‘ I’m not being sectioned, it’s fake news folks!’

flixukay Fri 06-Nov-20 17:38:51

Biden looking a more likely win now ladies. Hold your spirits up and don't count your chickens before they hatch!
fingers crossed!

growstuff Fri 06-Nov-20 18:00:04

lemongrove

Perhaps they will have to storm the White House mob handed and carry him off to be sectioned.

It wouldn't be the first time the White House has been stormed. grin

www.history.com/this-day-in-history/british-troops-set-fire-to-the-white-house

growstuff Fri 06-Nov-20 18:08:01

Here's one lady who won't be missing him, that's for sure.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLfukuEutIU

suziewoozie Fri 06-Nov-20 18:11:42

I’m wondering if he and his family will do a midnight flit ‘ere long. The cover story will be that they have received death threats and so have to go into hiding so as to be able to continue the fight to liberate the country from the evil forces. Where will he go? Florida? Scotland? Well it will be a secret.

trustgone4sure Fri 06-Nov-20 18:15:52

REALY ? .

varian Fri 06-Nov-20 18:23:27

growstuff Here's one lady who won't be missing him, that's for sure.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLfukuEutIU

Trump looks terrified. He cannot cope with a powerful intelligent woman.

As conservative leaders go, Angel Merkel will go down in history as by far the most respected leader of our times, and Trump, if he ever warrants more than a footnote, will go down as an aberration, who set back the cause of Western democracy, for a generation.

seacliff Fri 06-Nov-20 18:43:32

Can you imagine the Inauguration ceremony? It is normal for the outgoing President to be there, but I just cannot think that Trump would do it. Apparently the official swearing in ceremony is normally on 20th January, but I assume the real transfer of power is before then, hopefully.

He will not be a gracious loser.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 06-Nov-20 18:44:07

I wish the BBC was as professional as CNN.

It has gone hill so badly over the past few years.

Summerlove Fri 06-Nov-20 18:44:10

suziewoozie

I’m wondering if he and his family will do a midnight flit ‘ere long. The cover story will be that they have received death threats and so have to go into hiding so as to be able to continue the fight to liberate the country from the evil forces. Where will he go? Florida? Scotland? Well it will be a secret.

Russia

Callistemon Fri 06-Nov-20 20:14:28

Scotland?
shock

SueDonim Fri 06-Nov-20 20:15:22

If it’s Scotland, I’ll be there at the barricade, pitchfork in hand.

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Nov-20 20:15:47

The moon!!!

Lolo81 Fri 06-Nov-20 20:17:14

Please don’t send him here to Scotland! shock