Gransnet forums

News & politics

Was THIS the plan?

(7 Posts)
paddyanne Fri 13-Nov-20 14:18:38

With Cain gone,Cummings "resigning before Christmas" and Johnston apparently on his way out ,maybe all the billions to non existent companies etc makes sense. Are the rats getting out of the sinking ship before Brexit bites ? Was this always their plan,,skim off cash, have foreign passports handy and go? Sure looks like it from here as the issues with Brexit pile one on another and no planning appears to have been done to put even simple stuff in place.
Maybe some of the tory voters on here will know the answer,though I imagine they've been kept in the dark like the rest of us!

3nanny6 Fri 13-Nov-20 15:38:06

As I heard on the radio this morning people are saying keep your eye on Cummings departing out of the back door, and stay alert because it looks like Boris will be grabbing his coat to leave with him, they are all fleeing the sinking ship.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 13-Nov-20 15:47:22

The only plan was to make squillions by persuading ordinary folk to vote for them, and they jolly well succeeded didn’t they?

Franbern Fri 13-Nov-20 16:10:55

Yes, when people keep repeating what a shambles the Johnson Government have made re. Covid - all I can think is how very successful they have actually been in that they have, the majority of them, made millions of pounds out of us the taxpayers.

Highly successful Pandemic this has been for them. And, we - poor sods will be paying for it for decades to come.

Daisymae Fri 13-Nov-20 17:00:15

I hope that there will come a time when these people are called to account. A lot of people have done very well out of the pandemic so far.

EllanVannin Fri 13-Nov-20 18:07:44

Big big mistake voting Brexit.

paddyanne Fri 13-Nov-20 19:17:09

62% of Scots voted REMAIN EllenVannin we have to pay for the vote down south....nothing unsual there though .HS2 will cost Scotland 17Billion to date ,it doesn't come anywhere near Scotland.Now you see how they manage to give us a deficit we didn't spend!