Gransnet forums

News & politics

I bloody love Eddie Mair on LBC

(64 Posts)
suziewoozie Wed 25-Nov-20 17:37:23

The Government refused to offer a member to be interviewed on his programme - prime time national radio. They offered a back bench MP who Eddie Mair refused saying that they might as well have offered Engelbert Humpeldink and he then proceeded to play ‘Please Release Me’. It really cheered me up ?

FannyCornforth Sat 28-Nov-20 04:40:16

Fogarty's name is spelled Shelagh, the Irish way.
When Stadlen's wife left him, I found it very creepy the way he talked about her. In fact, he talked about her in a very strange way before she left.
He's definitely got some demons.

BlueBelle Fri 27-Nov-20 19:38:18

Yep I ll survive ?

suziewoozie Fri 27-Nov-20 17:34:53

BlueBelle

Andrew castle unbearable so up his own xxxx?
Sheila Fogarty an excellent good balanced presenter
I m a bit concerned I agree with you on just about everything suziewoozie ?

Don’t worry you’ll get over it?

BlueBelle Fri 27-Nov-20 17:32:32

Andrew castle unbearable so up his own xxxx?
Sheila Fogarty an excellent good balanced presenter
I m a bit concerned I agree with you on just about everything suziewoozie ?

suziewoozie Fri 27-Nov-20 14:40:28

SF on top form again with an item on prisoners’ families who have not been able to have prison visits since March. Superb journalism and not pandering to populism.

suziewoozie Fri 27-Nov-20 14:07:18

FannyCornforth

I can just about stomach Mildred,
but can't stand Castle.
He is talent free.
While we're at - Stadlenshock
Thank Christ he's gone.

I had a soft spot for Stadlen - especially when his marriage broke up. I follow him ( and SF and JOB) on Twitter. He is a wonderful photographer

FannyCornforth Fri 27-Nov-20 13:57:54

I can just about stomach Mildred,
but can't stand Castle.
He is talent free.
While we're at - Stadlenshock
Thank Christ he's gone.

FannyCornforth Fri 27-Nov-20 13:55:39

I just might have a soft spot for arrogant, over opinionated ***!

(I know that I'm in the wrong here - a liking for big mouthed,privately educated right wingers is in no way the hill that I am prepared to die on!)
grin Sorry!

suziewoozie Fri 27-Nov-20 13:50:27

Can’t stand the two Andrews so there?

suziewoozie Fri 27-Nov-20 13:49:05

LBC War of the Presenters declared - how long before we can get this thread deleted?

BlueBelle Fri 27-Nov-20 13:40:44

Ohhhh I m with you suziewoozie Nick Farrari is an arrogant very arrogant, opinionated .xxx I can’t see anything amusing about him

FannyCornforth Fri 27-Nov-20 12:15:41

Oh no Suzie it's our first disagreement!
I just find Ferrari quite amusing (I'm shallow like that!)
I find Iain a bit dull, but he does seem a very nice chap.
I like it when he does the election all nighters with our Shee. grin

suziewoozie Fri 27-Nov-20 12:06:27

FannyCornforth

I'm not a rabid right winger and I enjoy listening to Ferrari!
I enjoy listening to different opinions.
Not everyone wants an echo chamber.
He's a talented journo, same as Shelagh.

Ooohhhh no he’s arrogant patronising public school far too chummy with many of the Ministers he interviews eg had the pleasure of meeting your wonderful children last time I was at your house etc. He also almost giggled with BJ when he talked about spaffing money on historic child abuse cases and agreed with JRM in his arrogant up himself way about the awful comment the latter made about how the Grenfell Towers people died because they had no common sense but he and Nick would have behaved differently. Nasty nasty man. I also listen to a range of opinions but prefer Ian Dale who is more measured, incredibly polite and prepared to change his mind. So I do listen sometimes but it’s generally an accident

suziewoozie Fri 27-Nov-20 11:59:40

FannyCornforth

Alegrias2

James O'Brien is having a go at the Daily Mail right now so its looking OK so far.

I've been listening to JOB for 15 years.

He slags off the DM very single day.
He mentions his age every single day.
He mentions his public school and the monks every single day.
He slags off 'Farridge' every single day.
He mentions Kidderminster every single day.
He says 'doff cap, tug forelock, vote Rees-Mogg' every single day

I still love him.grin

Yes I play JOB bingo regularly !

FannyCornforth Fri 27-Nov-20 11:14:38

Alegrias2

James O'Brien is having a go at the Daily Mail right now so its looking OK so far.

I've been listening to JOB for 15 years.

He slags off the DM very single day.
He mentions his age every single day.
He mentions his public school and the monks every single day.
He slags off 'Farridge' every single day.
He mentions Kidderminster every single day.
He says 'doff cap, tug forelock, vote Rees-Mogg' every single day

I still love him.grin

FannyCornforth Fri 27-Nov-20 11:03:48

I'm not a rabid right winger and I enjoy listening to Ferrari!
I enjoy listening to different opinions.
Not everyone wants an echo chamber.
He's a talented journo, same as Shelagh.

suziewoozie Fri 27-Nov-20 10:45:36

Alegrias2

You must listen to Sheila from 1pm. She is ex-BBC and a properly trained old school journalist. The best briefed, least ego centric of all the presenters and a wonderful interviewer. She gets great interviewees on. For months she has kept the issue of the scandal of care home visits alive and has done heartbreaking phone calls with relatives. A little while ago, one was so heartbreaking, even SF as a consummate professional had to have a break and she apologised for breaking down. Bless her

Alegrias2 Fri 27-Nov-20 10:40:07

Alegrias2 Fri 27-Nov-20 10:37:02

I've just switched on LBC for the first time. If I get annoyed and start throwing things, I shall hold you all responsible. grin

suziewoozie Fri 27-Nov-20 10:07:47

BlueBelle. you are a 200% right about Steve A - he is truly horrible
Lucca I should have said never listen between 7-10 am unless you are a rabid right winger . However, , Nick Ferrari (who hosts this slot M-F) has No 10 on speed dial and can get any cabinet minister he wants on. This makes him powerful in both setting and responding to the Governments agenda - like the DM

Riverwalk Fri 27-Nov-20 09:36:08

Lucca try LBC News - it's a bit better!

Fanny I know you can get it on DAB but all the traffic news, weather etc is all about London - or does that change for different regions?

BlueBelle Fri 27-Nov-20 09:34:09

findingneno the reason I don’t like Steve Allen is he is constantly passing so much false information which is so dangerous and has people hanging on to his every word and passing it on like Chinese whispers
He is so nasty and vitriolic against so many people that he brings out the worst in me as I see no reason for his passive/ aggressive nastiness He derides people who are fat, have mental health problems, don’t fit the norm but he always pretends it is ‘just a joke’ ‘don’t be such a snowflake’
He has the most awful things to say about anyone he decides to dislike and I don’t know if you’ve noticed they are primarily women The only man I can think of him deriding is Peter Andre..... he puts himself on a pedestal with all his good deeds and generosity (buying his staff tit bits)
I m sure he thinks he’s funny and I m sure his many fans think he’s funny but if the only way you can get laughs is to put others down I m afraid that doesn’t count as humour in my world

Lucca Fri 27-Nov-20 09:16:16

No I don’t think I can listen to any more. A woman of 70 saying she’s planning two bubbles and doesn’t care because she’s pretty sure she hasn’t got COVID.

Lucca Fri 27-Nov-20 09:12:56

Based on this thread I ve put LbC on. Just heard an idiot being interviewed on the street saying he was going ahead with elderly relative hugging aaa he doesn’t trust the information coming from the government......
I am no fan of this government but the medical information has to be trusted.

FannyCornforth Fri 27-Nov-20 09:03:02

Steve Allen is as thick as mince.
I used to genuinely enjoy his show - back in the day when he had his mates on with him.
Then I enjoyed him in a love/hate guilty pleasure way.
Now I can't stand the sound of his voice. He can't string a sentence together and is ignorant about the most basic things.

Riverwalk you can get LBC news on DAB across the UK.

Yes Nemo I remember Mike 'my health is not in question' Dicken.
He died in a car accident driving home to Cornwall.
I used to love Anna Raeburn on Talk.
And Tommy Boyd.
That was during the original incarnation of Talk.