Gransnet forums

News & politics

Claudia Lawrence.

(7 Posts)
Calendargirl Mon 15-Feb-21 09:08:05

Saddened to hear that Peter Lawrence, father of Claudia who went missing in 2009, presumed murdered, has died, never knowing what happened to her.

Similar to the parents of Suzy Lamplugh.

How absolutely dreadful to go to your own grave never knowing the outcome of what happened to a beloved child, albeit an adult.

I cannot imagine how they live through it.

Galaxy Mon 15-Feb-21 09:18:40

I was sad when I heard that this morning. He fought very hard to raise awareness. I hope they get justice for Claudia.

Aveline Mon 15-Feb-21 09:51:20

That poor man. So sorry he's died without finding her or what happened to her. However, he couldn't have tried harder and has helped others along the way. There must be some satisfaction in that. RIP Peter Lawrence

BigBertha1 Mon 15-Feb-21 09:59:55

This is so sad. We were living in Yorkshire at the time this happened and this nice, kind gentleman was on local TV a lot. RIP. flowers

Lillie Mon 15-Feb-21 10:01:09

That is sad. And all the other poor parents who also passed away without knowing.
I think there was recently the death of the father of the little girl Jeanette Tate? doing her paper round years ago. Only her bike was found.

RulaNula Mon 15-Feb-21 10:06:30

Tragic that his daughter has never been found

Genette Tate was indeed another. I lived in that area at the time. Terribly sad.

No idea who these parents manage to carry on with their lives . Albeit tragic lives.

TerriBull Mon 15-Feb-21 10:09:12

So sorry to read this, I felt the same when I read that Suzy Lamplugh's mother had died and for all the other parents who have their children taken from them, knowing in their hearts that they are most likely dead, but never finding out what happened. Heart breaking.