Gransnet forums

News & politics

Charles questioned after Diana's death

(102 Posts)
GagaJo Sun 20-Jun-21 22:02:23

The former Metropolitan police chief John Stevens has disclosed that he questioned Prince Charles over allegations that he had plotted to kill Diana, Princess of Wales.

Charles was interviewed as a witness in 2005, during a three-year investigation into Diana’s death in a Paris car crash in 1997, the Daily Mail reported.

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/19/former-met-chief-interviewed-prince-charles-over-alleged-plot-to-kill-diana

Franbern Tue 22-Jun-21 08:54:59

absent

She and Dodi al Fayed suddenly and unpredictably decided to leave their hotel late at night. They were safe there, albeit surrounded by paparazzi outside the hotel. Their driver was, apparently, under the influence and driving at a high speed too fast for the route. She was not wearing a seatbelt. Others – Secret Service, Duke of Edinburgh, ex-husband, James Bond, Paddington Bear – didn't have to do a thing.

Sums it all up perfectly!!!!

SueDonim Mon 21-Jun-21 23:37:55

Thanks for asking, Annie. grin. Did it have any offspring? I’m quite fancying getting a puppy now. wink

Anniebach Mon 21-Jun-21 22:17:18

The witness didn’t say if the dog was wearing a crash helmet ,if
that helps.

Anniebach Mon 21-Jun-21 22:15:10

I messaged a friend who was on the same AOL forum group
following the inquest, he replied ? ‘I can’t remember what bloody dog it was’ sorry all

Chewbacca Mon 21-Jun-21 22:04:13

Don't think it was called Jack Callistemon; I heard it was called Churchill and after it got back to dear old Blighty, it got a job working for an insurance company. hmm

SueDonim Mon 21-Jun-21 22:01:24

? ?

Callistemon Mon 21-Jun-21 21:34:24

Shhh, he's probably incognito, retired and living quietly in Kent.

SueDonim Mon 21-Jun-21 21:27:48

Ah, I wonder if it’s the bulldog that lives near my niece in Kent! Thought it’ll be the world record holder for ancient dogs - 25yo. grin

Callistemon Mon 21-Jun-21 21:21:27

SueDonim

Anniebach

It was the chap on a motor bike , he was seen by eyewitness,
a dog wearing a neckerchief was riding pillion , he swerved into
the car.

I really, really want to know about the dog. What breed was it? Poodle? French bulldog? Did it have on a crash helmet? Was it wearing leathers? Was it hurt at all?

No, it was a British bulldog called Jack, recruited by MI5, and a china copy of him was bequeathed by M to Bond.
It was wearing a Union Jack scarf.
Last seen trotting home through the Channel Tunnel.

Anniebach Mon 21-Jun-21 14:33:03

Trevor Rees Jones did live in Oswestry, I know he remarried in
Welshpool and he did write a book , not heard any more of him, his injuries were horrific,poor man

Grannygingey Mon 21-Jun-21 14:28:39

If she was going to be done away with by dark forces surely it would have been smarter to do it on home soil - I don't think the French would have kept it all secret!

SueDonim Mon 21-Jun-21 13:39:39

grin Mawbe.

JaneJudge Mon 21-Jun-21 13:27:12

wicklowwinnie

Has anyone ever heard anything about the sole survivor?

he is a security boss at a covid firm

MawBe Mon 21-Jun-21 13:19:32

Anniebach

SueDonim sorry I can’t remember the breed of the dog but I
clearly remember the witness claiming the dog was riding pillion and wearing a neckerchief .

Another witness ! saw 12 men in grey suits standing in the tunnel

As Her Maj might say “Recollections may vary”

wicklowwinnie Mon 21-Jun-21 13:18:21

Has anyone ever heard anything about the sole survivor?

Alegrias1 Mon 21-Jun-21 13:16:26

There's a thread going on about aliens. I'm hearing the theme tune to the X-files in my head.

There must be an overlap, surely. The truth is out there.

??

Anniebach Mon 21-Jun-21 13:12:25

SueDonim sorry I can’t remember the breed of the dog but I
clearly remember the witness claiming the dog was riding pillion and wearing a neckerchief .

Another witness ! saw 12 men in grey suits standing in the tunnel

Anniebach Mon 21-Jun-21 13:08:14

worriedwell I was quoting Diana who said she was aware of
Camilla because they were having an affair at that time.

She also publicly sympathised with Tiggy over the abortion,
which was certainly not true.

Some believe everything Diana said was true

SueDonim Mon 21-Jun-21 13:05:30

Anniebach

It was the chap on a motor bike , he was seen by eyewitness,
a dog wearing a neckerchief was riding pillion , he swerved into
the car.

I really, really want to know about the dog. What breed was it? Poodle? French bulldog? Did it have on a crash helmet? Was it wearing leathers? Was it hurt at all?

25Avalon Mon 21-Jun-21 13:02:37

Exactly Theworriedwell

theworriedwell Mon 21-Jun-21 13:00:42

Of course in Diana's note the allegation was that this was going to happen so Charles could marry Tiggy Legge-Burke and that part certainly hasn't happened. She said something like Camilla was only a decoy and that wasn't accurate either. The note starts to look a bit unreliable don't you think?

theworriedwell Mon 21-Jun-21 12:56:33

Anniebach

She said it was going on when they married, she claimed she saw Camilla with the other guests in St.Paul’s, among hundreds of other guests !

Camilla being at the wedding wasn't a secret. Prince Harry had his ex at his wedding, do you think that proves he's having an affair with her?

25Avalon Mon 21-Jun-21 12:55:34

Did you watch the programme on Prince Charles’s women who might have been Queen? Diana was about the 8th person he asked who fit the criteria laid down by Louis Mountbatten which he used as a blue print. Diana was a romantic sadly doomed to be disillusioned.

Lin52 Mon 21-Jun-21 12:54:38

GagaJo

The former Metropolitan police chief John Stevens has disclosed that he questioned Prince Charles over allegations that he had plotted to kill Diana, Princess of Wales.

Charles was interviewed as a witness in 2005, during a three-year investigation into Diana’s death in a Paris car crash in 1997, the Daily Mail reported.

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/19/former-met-chief-interviewed-prince-charles-over-alleged-plot-to-kill-diana

This was over a week ago, the press are pathetic, why can’t they let this woman RIP. Her poor family must suffer every time this is dragged up.

Anniebach Mon 21-Jun-21 12:18:05

She said it was going on when they married, she claimed she saw Camilla with the other guests in St.Paul’s, among hundreds of other guests !