Gransnet forums

News & politics

The government doesn’t want to pay the nurses or police pay rise.

(7 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sat 24-Jul-21 11:23:58

We know that they could if they wanted to.

They have found billions since Johnson came to power to pay for all sorts of things. I don’t need to list them as everyone knows what they are.

But why can’t they be honest and say that they that they don’t want to pay for our front line workers if they can get away with it.

It depends of course on how much public opinion sways the matter, like feeding hungry children. Perhaps Rashford could run another campaign.

Aveline Sat 24-Jul-21 13:11:09

They have offered a pay rise to NHS. I suppose it's quite hard for all the workers who lost jobs, never had any job security anyway and are on lowest rates of pay to look at those in safe government jobs who have never had the worries that they have. I'm thinking of those in hospitality, retail and similar jobs who also had a lot of exposure to Covid.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 24-Jul-21 13:15:32

Aveline

They have offered a pay rise to NHS. I suppose it's quite hard for all the workers who lost jobs, never had any job security anyway and are on lowest rates of pay to look at those in safe government jobs who have never had the worries that they have. I'm thinking of those in hospitality, retail and similar jobs who also had a lot of exposure to Covid.

The pay rise has to come out of the existing budget.

No extra money.

Poppyred Sat 24-Jul-21 13:50:09

They have offered a 3% pay rise to all NHS workers? Stop sh** stirring!

Alegrias1 Sat 24-Jul-21 13:58:58

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nhs-staffs-3-pay-rise-likely-to-come-out-of-social-care-tax-0w226n8fw

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Costing £1.5 billion when the inadequate T&T system is budgeted at £37bn.

S*** indeed.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 24-Jul-21 15:14:01

Alegrias1

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nhs-staffs-3-pay-rise-likely-to-come-out-of-social-care-tax-0w226n8fw

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Costing £1.5 billion when the inadequate T&T system is budgeted at £37bn.

S*** indeed.

Exactly.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 24-Jul-21 15:26:46

I wonder how this will be spun for the nodding heads?

The trouble is that lying by the government has become normalised by the media, who play along.

But it would seem that the fight back to truth and integrity is beginning to gain ground.

Peter Stefanov, Peter Oborne, Caroline Lucas, James O’Brien, Emily Maitlis, and now Dawn Butler are leading the charge.