Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Andrew stripped of his HRH

(213 Posts)
Urmstongran Thu 13-Jan-22 17:27:54

And all his military titles have been returned to HM The Queen.

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 21:53:18

Google the interview

Kathy73 Sat 15-Jan-22 21:51:26

Anniebach

She said to her friend after she returned to America
‘I got to sleep’ and showed the photograph.

But how do you know that’s what she actually said?

Calistemon Sat 15-Jan-22 21:47:15

I never got the sleep metaphor ?

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 21:46:10

She said to her friend after she returned to America
‘I got to sleep’ and showed the photograph.

Calistemon Sat 15-Jan-22 21:36:59

Pammie1

Jaberwok

In a note to a friend she stated that she 'got to sleep with Prince Andrew' . By her tone you could be forgiven for thinking that it was some kind of coup for this individual? Whatever the truth of that incident, I would say he certainly did not assault her.

She got to sleep with Prince Andrew, or she’s GOT to sleep with Prince Andrew ?

There is quite a difference.

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 20:49:21

True Atqui I post much on both, it fills time for me.

Atqui Sat 15-Jan-22 20:40:27

These two threads go round and round . Is there really anything left to say ? I know - I don’t have to read them !

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 20:21:59

One of the witnesses in the Maxwell trial ,Caroline , said she blames Giuffrie for getting her involved with Maxwell and Epstein, and she doesn’t think she was coerced and doesn’t
deserve any compensation.

Another witness lived in England, Maxwell invited her to her
London home .

Why bring Giuffrie from America when Maxwell had girls available in this country

Sassynanny Sat 15-Jan-22 20:17:11

Honestly turns your stomach.

Sassynanny Sat 15-Jan-22 20:13:44

Doesn't really matter Captain or not point is he's a pompous, money grabbing twit and an embarrassment to us all!

Pammie1 Sat 15-Jan-22 19:59:03

Jaberwok

In a note to a friend she stated that she 'got to sleep with Prince Andrew' . By her tone you could be forgiven for thinking that it was some kind of coup for this individual? Whatever the truth of that incident, I would say he certainly did not assault her.

She got to sleep with Prince Andrew, or she’s GOT to sleep with Prince Andrew ?

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 19:58:38

I agree eazybee , I do not believe Giuffrie and do not believe
Epstein took his own life . Giuffrie knows much and will get
anything she asks for in the legal system.

eazybee Sat 15-Jan-22 19:46:33

Putting down Virginia Guiffre does not 'make me feel better about my life,' (a very immature comment); it is a reiteration of my belief that she was not coerced by fear, violence, intimidation or threats to become part of what is called a sex trafficking ring.
Sex trafficking in Britain is regarded as a trade in young women brought illegally into the country and bought and sold for sexual exploitation.
None of this happened to Guiffre. She was young but not a child, seventeen when she chose to work for Epstein but she was not naive, and I firmly believe she was not coerced into any of her activities. She worked for Epstein for two years before leaving without trouble.

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 19:35:48

Yes I know Iam and I can understand why you feel so strongly about this case, you must have heard so many abused
girls saying no one believed them.

I can’t accept all 17 year old girls are naive

Iam64 Sat 15-Jan-22 19:31:55

I’ve no experience of being royal. I’m fortunate to have had a childhood with loving parents and grandparents who kept us safe, loved and secure. In my adult personal and professional life I never met royalty but I met many children and adults who had been sexually abused, groomed and exploited.

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 19:17:56

Iam I am just a member of the public with no experience of
sexual abuse or being a royal.

I listen to what both have said and don’t believe either of them.

Iam64 Sat 15-Jan-22 19:11:53

Sorry Annie, I know you feel strongly about this but I disagree. No surprises there. VG was sexually exploited, trafficked, corrupted by Epstein and Maxwell.
I don’t know whether her allegations about Andrew are true. That’s something the civil court will evaluate

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 19:05:31

Telephones can be bugged .

Was Giuffrie trafficked ? We don’t know

Iam64 Sat 15-Jan-22 18:59:53

Sorry to keep bringing reality back into this. A trafficked individual can’t legally consent to the sexual activity s/he is involved in.

I’m in no way surprised that the 17 year old Virginia G was excited by the prospect her client for the night was a Prince. That doesn’t mean that she later began to realise she’d been corrupted into behaviour that as a more mature person, she was unhappy about.

I don’t know whether Had sex with VG, or any of the other young women Maxwell and Epstein sexually abused, trafficked and exploited. That’s something the civil case will consider. I do know that Prince Andrew maintained a friendship with a convicted sex offender. Spending a few nights in Epstein’s home because he was a man of honour and couldn’t cancel their friendship by phone - give us a break

Jaberwok Sat 15-Jan-22 18:36:41

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 18:00:34

No Kathy73

Kathy73 Sat 15-Jan-22 17:56:58

Anniebach Is your bottom line that you think VG is purely a gold digger, and that Andrew never did anything wrong - either physically or by association with a known paedophile?

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 17:46:40

Andrew’s lawyers what to call Guffrie’s husband and her physiologist.

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 17:38:01

?

Alegrias1 Sat 15-Jan-22 17:19:31

Summerlove ?