Gransnet forums

News & politics

The reason why the Boris and Carrie story was pulled

(62 Posts)
vegansrock Thu 30-Jun-22 11:37:06

The real reason why the story about Carrie being offered a 100k pa job with Johnson was hastily withdrawn from The Times is now revealed - they were caught in a compromising position on his office sofa ( think Bill Clinton and Monica L , or maybe think BJ). maybe you don’t want to have that mental image or maybe it’s hard to swallow. Carrie must have a strong stomach is all I can say.

varian Mon 04-Jul-22 13:12:16

Anita Anand on last Saturday's "Any Answers" on Radio 4 had callers phoning in to say, in effect, "they're all the same" but she recited a list starting with Owen Paterson in 2021 and continuing through a sordid catalogue of errant Tories, plus top civil servant Simon Case resigning over partygate and the Sue Gray report. She didn't even mention the Boris and Carrie on the sofa scandal or any of the other scandals before 2021.

It is worth listening if you are still in any doubt about the extent of Tory sleaze. Her list starts at 8mins 30secs from the start.

www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0018ws7

Blinko Mon 04-Jul-22 12:19:42

Just a thought - what would have been the story/reaction had it been a woman MP who'd been compromised in this way. I doubt her career would have progressed much further, let alone would she have become PM.

Lovetopaint037 Mon 04-Jul-22 10:04:11

Curlywhirly

HousePlantQueen

Everytime I see a photograph of Carrie, I look at her teeth.........

???

The images are coming thick and fast. I can’t take any more.

Curlywhirly Fri 01-Jul-22 18:37:28

HousePlantQueen

???

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 01-Jul-22 14:38:43

I’ve just put the bananas in the cupboard, I really don’t want to look at them whilst I’m eating a late lunch.

maddyone Fri 01-Jul-22 13:46:28

Doodledog

Aaarrgghh!!

That's my nightmares organised for the foreseeable ?

gringringrin

HousePlantQueen Fri 01-Jul-22 13:40:22

Riverwalk Fri 01-Jul-22 13:18:06

JaneJudge

oh God I now have vision of his huge stomach resting on top of her head

grin grin

Luckygirl3 Fri 01-Jul-22 13:08:53

JaneJudge

Oh pur..lease!!!! I am about to eat my lunch,,,,,

varian Fri 01-Jul-22 13:07:30

It was a mystery why Gavin Williamson was knighted. That could explain it.

JaneJudge Fri 01-Jul-22 12:49:50

HousePlantQueen Fri 01-Jul-22 12:45:49

It is generally accepted on Twitter that the person who walked in on them was Gavin Williamson.

Happygirl79 Fri 01-Jul-22 12:39:37

Perish the thought!

Gillarms Fri 01-Jul-22 12:35:30

As well as the fact he shouldn't have been having sexual relations in his office, he allegedly tried to get her a well paid, high security clearance post in the FO. I guess this could be construed as handing out government contracts (albeit work contracts) in exchange for sexual favours. How is this man in any position of authority let alone the PM of the uk?

annsixty Thu 30-Jun-22 17:04:19

Esspee
Did you really have to post about that fat pink slug?
That’s another image I will never lose ?

Doodledog Thu 30-Jun-22 16:23:01

Never buy a second hand sofa from the Foreign Office.

Nooooo?. I have just bleached my brain, and now I'm going to have to scour it, too.

DiamondLily Thu 30-Jun-22 15:55:47

Carrie sure earns her pampered lifestyle. ?

RichmondPark Thu 30-Jun-22 15:46:44

Never buy a second hand sofa from the Foreign Office.

When you hear what these people get up to on a normal working day behind closed doors it's no surprise they can't tell a work event from a party.

DiamondLily Thu 30-Jun-22 15:33:40

Ladyleftfieldlover

Back in my day, it was the stationery cupboard that contained the action.

And mine lol....mind you, I worked for one of the big 4 banks, which were very sober places then, so I don't think they would have approved of sofas and oral doings ..?

growstuff Thu 30-Jun-22 15:32:11

AGAA4

If only the sofa in his office could talk. It must have seen a lot of action....... maybe not?

I want to know who paid for dry cleaning the sofa covers.

ShazzaKanazza Thu 30-Jun-22 15:30:46

Yuk! It’s just nearly made me bring my fish and chips back up. ?

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 30-Jun-22 15:25:42

Back in my day, it was the stationery cupboard that contained the action.

Esspee Thu 30-Jun-22 15:24:56

Zoejory

Why would that make them pull the story?

Perhaps they were showing consideration to members of the public Zoejory.
I know I am not alone in feeling sick at the very thought of that fat pink slug being on the receiving end of a BJ.

Sunny82z Thu 30-Jun-22 15:24:01

No wonder he was trying to find her a job in the Foreign office. Good grief I despair, what have we come to.

DiamondLily Thu 30-Jun-22 15:15:21

I don't think it's just politicians. Diana always said that Michael Fawcett did much more for Charles, every morning, than just spread his toothpaste on the brush...?