News & politics

"The Line" - what do people think?

(10 Posts)
MaizieD Sat 13-Aug-22 04:07:48

Sorry, I'd missed the link.

Rameses Fri 12-Aug-22 21:37:31

MaizieD

grannydarkhair

I posted about this in the World Economic Forum thread. Personally, it’s my idea of Hell on Earth.

Yes, you posted a link to a tweet which couldn't open the article about it. Do you think you could post a link to something that actually gives some information about it?

There is a link to the website in the OP which has all the information.

MaizieD Fri 12-Aug-22 08:16:19

grannydarkhair

I posted about this in the World Economic Forum thread. Personally, it’s my idea of Hell on Earth.

Yes, you posted a link to a tweet which couldn't open the article about it. Do you think you could post a link to something that actually gives some information about it?

grannydarkhair Fri 12-Aug-22 02:13:56

MayBee70 Fri 12-Aug-22 00:34:44

Is it being built to accommodate people when rising sea levels make living closer to sea level impossible?

MaizieD Fri 12-Aug-22 00:12:24

I'm actually not sure what is wrong with it; does anyone have a problem with 'new towns' as in the UK?

Unless it is proposed that the inhabitants are somehow constrained into some form of unregulated serfdom. Like the unregulated and outside the law 'Freeports' or Charter Cities that the tories have planned for the UK...

nandad Fri 12-Aug-22 00:00:01

Straight out of The Machine Stops by EM Forster

MaizieD Thu 11-Aug-22 23:56:55

What is the WEF connection with this?

From comparing comments on the thread we already have on the WEF with what is actually on its website it seems to me that it's been woven into some fine conspiracy theories...

Blossoming Thu 11-Aug-22 22:56:58

It will probably go the same way as the fake islands.

Rameses Thu 11-Aug-22 14:23:12

Has anyone seen the adverts on TV for "The Line". Has anyone looked at the website?

"The Line" is a whole new concept for living that will eventually accommodate 9 million people. It is 200 metres wide, 170 kilometres long and 500 metres above sea level. It appears to be a completely sterilised, self contained environment built in the desert in Saudi Arabia and backed by the crown prince of said country.
Straight out of science fiction, yet due to become habitable by 2026. It is being promoted as environment friendly, but who really knows?

Is the WEF behind this? Will there be more? Where does the the power and political control lie?

I personally find the whole thing scary.

More here: www.neom.com/