Gransnet forums

News & politics

Minimum Safety Levels

(9 Posts)
Grantanow Tue 31-Jan-23 14:57:07

There are minimum targets in the NHS, e.g., ambulance arrival times to call outs, waiting times to be seen in A&E but the Tories as part of their recently announced 'plan' are diluting them, e.g., 95% to 76%, so they can claim later to have met targets. Usual smoke and mirrors to reassure the faithful, those who voted for Truss, etc.

ronib Mon 23-Jan-23 11:39:54

Perhaps not per

ronib Mon 23-Jan-23 11:39:15

I believe through Nhs Resolution, the Nhs employs lawyers to act for them in compensation claims arising through Nhs negligence and incompetence.

The latest claim to hit the headlines was one for £39 million to a girl who had four limbs amputated as I think sepsis was not discovered in a timely manner.

So when the Nhs proudly proclaims that the Nhs delivers the best bang for the money, per the budget for Nhs Resolution needs to be included.

Or maybe it is and I am becoming cynical.

DaisyAnne Wed 18-Jan-23 21:56:49

MaizieD

What's more to the point is how can the services work to 'minimum safety levels' even when not on strike when they are desperately short staffed and working below them already.

That's what I was saying. There is no working "minimum service level" for the government so how can there be any sort of minimum service level be decided under other circumstances.

vegansrock Wed 18-Jan-23 17:27:39

The point is NHS is running below minimum safety levels even when there are no strikes.

NotSpaghetti Wed 18-Jan-23 15:27:49

No "minimum safety levels" day to day is really WHY they are striking I believe.

MaizieD Wed 18-Jan-23 15:01:54

What's more to the point is how can the services work to 'minimum safety levels' even when not on strike when they are desperately short staffed and working below them already.

Oreo Wed 18-Jan-23 14:50:41

Depends on the jobs maybe? Firefighters, NHS workers and teachers, bus and train drivers? So that the general public can get to work or not be in a life or death situation.I think many other countries have this minimum service cover.

DaisyAnne Wed 18-Jan-23 13:22:36

Just wondering how you can ask a union to ensure cover to a minimum safety level when the Government doesn't have a minimum safety level it works to when running the NHS, etc.