Gransnet forums

News & politics

The nodding heads

(9 Posts)
AussieGran59 Mon 20-Feb-23 07:27:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dragonfly46 Mon 20-Feb-23 07:30:19

We have that at PM’s Question time in Parliament. While one side sit nodding the other side boo. It is often a shambles.

Georgesgran Mon 20-Feb-23 08:57:55

I don’t like the nodding when a studio based news person is handing over to an ‘at the scene reporter. They seem to nod along to every few words before starting to speak.

timetogo2016 Wed 22-Feb-23 11:37:38

Just what you would expect from a bunch of muppets/puppets.
Yes sir no sir three bags full sir springs to mind.

Baggs Wed 22-Feb-23 12:06:23

Georgesgran

I don’t like the nodding when a studio based news person is handing over to an ‘at the scene reporter. They seem to nod along to every few words before starting to speak.

I've always assumed that the nodding in this scenario is so that the studio person knows the at the scene person can hear them and understand what they're saying.

It's polite in a lecture situation to indicate that you understand the lecturer by giving the occasional nod, especially when s/he has made what you think is a good point.

So it isn't odd at all in parliaments, in my view.

MawtheMerrier Wed 22-Feb-23 12:08:41

Don’t you nod when you agree with something or somebody in everyday conversation? confused

timetogo2016 Wed 22-Feb-23 14:39:01

You certainly do MtM,but only if you truly believe in whats being said,not just to keep your job ( for want of a better word ).

Grantanow Mon 06-Mar-23 14:03:22

Just like those nodding dogs people used to have on the rear parcel shelf in their car. (Do we have rear parcel shelves any more?)

nanna8 Wed 08-Mar-23 04:37:44

I always think of those little lucky cat ornaments that nod their heads in Chinese restaurants. I laugh every time I see the silly so and sos. Ridiculous people.