Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Lockdown Files

(20 Posts)
Grantanow Tue 07-Mar-23 08:50:02

Today's revelation that Hancock approved threatening a sitting MP with the loss of a disabled children's project in his constituency is, if true, an example of very dirty politics. It should be investigated as a contempt of the Commons.

MaizieD Mon 06-Mar-23 20:55:34

Some people might like this, The London Correspondent of the Papua New Guinea Courier writes:

twitter.com/secrettory12/status/1632780180610482179

Whoever the author is is giving Marina Hyde a run for her money 😂

Grantanow Mon 06-Mar-23 13:42:04

All this takes the focus off Baroness Money.

MawtheMerrier Mon 06-Mar-23 08:37:44

If we weren’t painfully aware of Hancock’s overweening arrogance and self- interest we are now.
“I’m a Celebrity” was clearly his TV programme of choice. It could have been made for him and his self-image

Grantanow Sat 04-Mar-23 10:39:09

MaizieD

I'm not sure how she works out that they support her anti lockdown stance. But then, I haven't seen them all.

They do confirm the incompetence, and and contempt for UK citizens, that characterises this government.

I agree with your second sentence. The messages show how self-serving the Tories are in my opinion.

MaizieD Thu 02-Mar-23 17:14:33

I'm not sure how she works out that they support her anti lockdown stance. But then, I haven't seen them all.

They do confirm the incompetence, and and contempt for UK citizens, that characterises this government.

Grantanow Thu 02-Mar-23 15:06:46

I think Oakeshott and the Telegraph have a good public interest defence. The disclosure demonstrates prejudice amongst those who govern us and we should know about that.

LauraNorderr Thu 02-Mar-23 12:36:15

Agreed Whitewave

Whitewavemark2 Thu 02-Mar-23 12:27:47

It is still a data breach whatever was said, and that is the biggest crime imo

LauraNorderr Thu 02-Mar-23 12:23:37

Williamson’s comment sounds more directed at teachers but I don’t know the context.

LauraNorderr Thu 02-Mar-23 12:21:46

Not defending Hancock, but his message says ‘what a bunch of absolute arses the teaching unions are’ and NOT ‘what a bunch of arses teachers are’.
Just pointing that out in the interests of fair judgement.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 02-Mar-23 11:25:40

What an absolute tool - to give government data - which is protected btw - to the wife of a leader of another political party to which she should never have had access, and then expect it to be secure!

MaizieD Thu 02-Mar-23 11:07:54

the enquiry will show if these two were up to the positions they were given.

I don't think we need the enquiry to tell us that. We knew it at the time.

Yammy Thu 02-Mar-23 10:20:23

One of many Grantow and that is why we now have shortages of teachers and strikes that impact already disrupted education.
Everyone was in an unknown situation and the enquiry will show if these two were up to the positions they were given.

Grantanow Thu 02-Mar-23 10:10:09

Despite the comments revealed by the Telegraph today I don't believe the vast majority of teachers are workshy. Hancock and Williamson describing them as wanting to avoid work and referring to their unions as 'absolute arses' was disgraceful. Teachers had a very difficult job during the pandemic and deserve praise for that. Full disclosure: my very bright niece was a primary headteacher who served throughout the pandemic but later left to join the private sector. She was worn out by the job and aggressive parents whose understanding of the situation was limited.

Grantanow Wed 01-Mar-23 23:44:55

I'm looking forward to reading the next few editions of the Telegraph!

MawtheMerrier Wed 01-Mar-23 22:29:50

I didn’t think there was any “further down” for Hancock and Williamson to go in my estimation - but their true natures are really showing through

Doodledog Wed 01-Mar-23 01:17:53

Oops, I didn’t mean to post yet but basically all the excuses he can trop out won’t make up for the deaths he has on his hands, and he shouldn’t get away with it - none of them should.

Doodledog Wed 01-Mar-23 01:16:22

Is he going to have to ‘go down the jungle to eat worms’ again, to make people love him?

I know all about‘unprecedented’

MawtheMerrier Wed 01-Mar-23 00:36:13

Are we going to learn the truth at last? The DT claims to have thousands of WhatsApp messages which implicate those in charge -not least Matt Hancock.
I wonder what-if any- the consequences will be?